2018 GMC Yukon XL ear pressure issues

I apologize if this is an on-going thread elsewhere...  So I just bought a new-to-me 2018 Yukon XL and have been experiencing a lot of ear pressure (almost like being on a plane) while driving it. It seems to be related to the suspension noise resonating through the cabin.  I’ve read where this has been an issue for a lot of folks but was hoping GM had figured it out by the 2018 model year, but haven’t seen where a fix has been found.  Has anybody with same issue found/heard of any fixes?

This page has several documents and release dates starting with the 2015 MY.  May be worth taking a look and possibly contacting a dealer depending on your mileage.

https://ww7.oemdtc.com/4011/wind-buffeting-drone-type-noise-and-or-body-pressure-booming-and-or-water-leak-2015-2018-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

#18-NA-202 GM bulletin

Body pressure booming

Add some deadening pads to roof and inspect roof bows for proper adhesion to roof panel.

I haven’t done one personally but I know other guys in the shop who have and it works. Pain in the rear to do though! Have your local dealer go through the diagnostic procedure for it!

Hope this helps

-Friendly neighborhood GM tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

This is common on all years of this body style. No fix available. Some have had ok luck with getting better tires and force balancing. Common on the combo 22” wheels and sun roof. GM knows but says that is how they are designed and will not do anything so either trade it or learn to live with it.