Audio Upgrade

New to this forum. Im looking To add an amp and sub to my 2018 Sierra slt. With the Bose Audio. Now, I've seen on YouTube where this website LLJ customs makes this harness that seems to simple and just to good to be true. What It basically does is in the back seat your Bose audio amp There's three harnesses. You would unplug one Of the harnneses And plug and play the new harness to the harness you took off from the Bose amp and then the new t-harness would plug into The Bose amp. And what's left is your control wire that goes to your new amp and the rc cables and Bam that's all you do. Aside from running the power and ground to your amp that is. So my question is . Is there another way to do this like I've been told you can tap into the side doors in the back and do it like that? But I need more clarification or some steps on how some of you guys have done it. 

New to this forum. Im looking To add an amp and sub to my 2018 Sierra slt. With the Bose Audio. Now, I've seen on YouTube where this website LLJ customs makes this harness that seems to simple and just to good to be true. What It basically does is in the back seat your Bose audio amp There's three harnesses. You would unplug one Of the harnneses And plug and play the new harness to the harness you took off from the Bose amp and then the new t-harness would plug into The Bose amp. And what's left is your control wire that goes to your new amp and the rc cables and Bam that's all you do. Aside from running the power and ground to your amp that is. So my question is . Is there another way to do this like I've been told you can tap into the side doors in the back and do it like that? But I need more clarification or some steps on how some of you guys have done it. 
How many watts? That harness you spoke of is the best solution honestly if your looking for a clean and powerful signal.it should pull from the front door. If your not looking for real bass and just want a little bump/ don't care about clipping then tap into the back door speakers via the pillar. Its simple, but you really need an oscilloscope to prevent the signal from clipping at your amp and speaker. Been there and ruined my alt listening to folk saying it can be done.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

How many watts? That harness you spoke of is the best solution honestly if your looking for a clean and powerful signal.it should pull from the front door. If your not looking for real bass and just want a little bump/ don't care about clipping then tap into the back door speakers via the pillar. Its simple, but you really need an oscilloscope to prevent the signal from clipping at your amp and speaker. Been there and ruined my alt listening to folk saying it can be done.

The amp I want to use is a JL 500watt mono block. I think I might just order that t-harness from that website. It's like 50$. And run all that wiring back there . I think I can do it all my self instead of taking it to a shop. Last time I did that they charged out the ass for something I could of done. But that's how it goes. You pay for quality Lol which is what I got but I'm trying to see if there's anyone on here that has tried that method yet. Thanks for replying so quickly though! 

• Like 1

The amp I want to use is a JL 500watt mono block. I think I might just order that t-harness from that website. It's like 50$. And run all that wiring back there . I think I can do it all my self instead of taking it to a shop. Last time I did that they charged out the ass for something I could of done. But that's how it goes. You pay for quality Lol which is what I got but I'm trying to see if there's anyone on here that has tried that method yet. Thanks for replying so quickly though! 

Yeah man no prob. That harness makes it a no-brainer bro. Trust me it's not worth doing it without. Once you actually have a system hooked up with out and you trying to push Bass off of the signal from the back doors versus the front doors the difference is night and day there's way more power to be had signal wires coming from the front doors. It's clean powerful full spectrum just no point in going from the back doors. Good luck on your setup bro. By the way if your headlight start dimming pick up a good AGM battery. Northstar is the best out there right now but you can go a xs if you want to or whatever just got a good AGM battery. 

Edit: word change

I’ve read numerous negative experiences with llj over on diyma.

Are you just wanting to add a sub then a lc2i. if you plan on sub now and then in a couple months decide **** I wanna add a amp and new speakers just save the pennies up for a pac amp pro. Do it right the first time . Even if your just doing a sub the amp pro is a wonderful piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve read numerous negative experiences with llj over on diyma.

Are you just wanting to add a sub then a lc2i. if you plan on sub now and then in a couple months decide **** I wanna add a amp and new speakers just save the pennies up for a pac amp pro. Do it right the first time . Even if your just doing a sub the amp pro is a wonderful piece.

Looks like 250+ for a harness that deletes the door chime. Sucks man...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, Kyleorsini said:

Doesn’t just delete door chime but whatever.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:33 AM, Snowcamo said:

I was pointing out the main reason to by the harness. No big deal man.

Y'all guess what. My T harness finally came in after 5 weeks!