Hello everyone , very frustrated here.

I have a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD and it is having Evap issues . Everytime I go to fill my gas tank up the pump clicks off . So I pulled the bed off to access the evap canister and replaced it and the vent solenoid . My problem I'm having is the old evap vent solenoid was just a vent , no solenoid to it . The new vent I picked up from Oreillys has a electrical connector and I've looked all over the truck trying to find the connector and can't find it . No codes are showing up on my scanner . My question is if I were to wire a connector to the solenoid where would I splice into ? From what I understand the vent solenoid closes for  EVAP test then re-opens for normal use .Could this be spliced into the purge solenoid circuit ? I also removed all the evap lines and fuel tank inlet lines and blew them out with compressed air . I did find a little dirt in the vent solenoid line , so I'm hoping the issue will be taken care of .

Please advise ...