New to me ‘04 Silverado 1500 Z71

Gib

So I just bought an 04 Silverado extended cab Z71. I gladly forked over the asking price of $3500, because I needed a truck before Monday morning when I had to get to work. After driving to Raymond and buying it in the dark. I now have some projects and thought what better place than here.  

The first thing is brakes. She’s got a lot of giddy up, not a lot of whoa. The kid (protecting the ignorant) made a point of telling me he put new brakes on it. What he failed to mention and the second thing you notice is that he didn’t bleed them. Scary ride in my new truck 50 miles of twisty two lane road at night to get home. After some running around I now know why he didn’t bleed them and maybe left one wheel untouched. Rusted closed bleeder screws rr and lf. smh. 

Good luck with your project and welcome to the site.

I'd go over the truck completely changing fluids from front to back. Re-check the "brake job". Replace the calipers with frozen bleeders. Thoroughly bleed the brake system until you get clean fluid all around with no air. Check/change all your belts and hoses. See about plugs and wires maybe too. Oh, air filter check too

What mileage has this GMT800 got on it?

Edited by txab