Check engine light and stabilatrack light

Got in my truck this morning and started it up noticed the check engine light came on and stabilatrack light came on, also says my engine power is reduced, drove it maybe 5 miles then shut the truck off and started it back up to see if it was just a hiccup but nope it’s still on, shifts hard, rough idle. Any ideas what’s to do? I got a code reader so I keep deleting the code but I can’t figure out how to actually read the code because I’m not exactly trained to these code readers. Any idea what the problem is? Common issue?

Called onstar and they said my code is U0422

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

A good place to start is to read the instructions for your code reader and obtain the code that the ECM has stored.  It will start with "P" followed by four numbers.  So something like:  P0300

Clearing the code isn't going to fix the problem, especially since the error returns when you do it.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:22 PM, JerydM said:

U0422

U0422 Code Description: The oxygen (02) sensors on your car measure the oxygen in the exhaust to determine how rich or lean the ratio of fuel and air are in the cylinders. Optimizing this mixture means better fuel economy and fewer exhaust emissions.

u Network Code
Problem is climate control system, lighting, airbags, etc.
0 SAE - Generic
4 BBV Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
2 BBV Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
2 Transmission

U0422 is a communication code. The module setting the code received invalid info from  the BCM. Probably bad battery cables or a bad ground.

I kinda figure something like that happened, I’m gonna call my dealer this morning and ask them what they would like me to do, the code hasn’t come back since I cleared it.

I had the same thing happen with the exception that on the way to the dealer everything cleared and truck ran smooth. When it did return a few days later, I got it to the dealer and never shut it off, ended up needing 1,3,5 and 7 Lifters

I had the same thing happen with the exception that on the way to the dealer everything cleared and truck ran smooth. When it did return a few days later, I got it to the dealer and never shut it off, ended up needing 1,3,5 and 7 Lifters

Great... I did talk to the dealer yesterday and they said next time it happens to have it towed in. So now it’s just a waiting game