I've had an s-type on my 6.2 for about 5000 miles. It is LOUD. It is louder now than when I first installed it. I wish the tone was a little deeper not as raspy. The ATAK may be the way to go. I attached a cold start video for reference.

west1nm does the resonator you are installing from Borla replace the "S-Type" resonator or do you have to cut a section out before the muffler? 

23 minutes ago, carnivalcarl said:

I've had an s-type on my 6.2 for about 5000 miles. It is LOUD. It is louder now than when I first installed it. I wish the tone was a little deeper not as raspy. The ATAK may be the way to go. I attached a cold start video for reference.

west1nm does the resonator you are installing from Borla replace the "S-Type" resonator or do you have to cut a section out before the muffler? 

Plan is to cut out a section of the front pipe right before the muffler. It should arrive mid next week, so hopefully have some feedback over the weekend.

From what I understand, the ATAK is even louder and promotes more rasp. I feel the tone of the S-Type is perfect but needs to be taken down some. Hopefully reduce the obnoxious cold start, decel burbles and helicopter-like noises occasionally observed while cruising under light load