Trying to learn Android Auto

SO much technology to learn ...

I have on-board navigation.  I have long since paired my phone by bluletooth.  What will Android Auto add that I don't have through those two options?

22 minutes ago, belchfire said:

SO much technology to learn ...

I have on-board navigation.  I have long since paired my phone by bluletooth.  What will Android Auto add that I don't have through those two options?

apps on your phone can go thru AA....messaging, music, podcast, any navigation system you want, etc....

• Like 1

AA you can verbally....I never had a Bluetooth car until this 2019 silvy so you would know more than me

scratch that....you can text verbally thru Bluetooth on new trucks I believe, I don't know if AA has to be activated, I don't use this feature much but I have in the past....just cant remember if I was on AA 

Edited by Dunn
  • Thanks 1

I have nav in mine also. Rarely use it. I prefer AA with Google Maps or Waze. These are constantly updated for free, both can show traffic, and Waze has even more real time info (accidents, debris, cops).

If you play music from your phone, it sounds much better on Play Music than via Bluetooth.

Lots of additional voice commands and apps are available in AA.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SierraHD17 said:

Download the app, connect it to your truck and see for yourself...

I did just that and all I saw was Google Maps.  Nothing else, until I enter the GM apps that are pre-installed; Navigation, Radio, XM/Sirius, phone, text, etc.  That's what prompted my initial question.  Unless I'm missing something (and I'm assuming I am), then AA is a big nothing burger.  Help a brother out....

You need to have other apps installed that are compatible. You can see a list by opening AA while not connected, then open the menu.
3ce1e0dcd1e98dee9ea6c18d21e7b9b9.jpg

After you have apps installed, go back into AA, into Settings on the menu, and review this setting.
a8e750e1d233903cc8940eae4b11dcce.jpg

• Thanks 1