2014 Sierra Z71 Black Spray-on Bumper Cover Question

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, so hi! I recently purchased a used 2014 Sierra Z71 and one of the mods that the former owner did on the truck was to spray on a black bumpy matte black cover on the front and back chrome bumpers. While I admire the goal to blackout the entire truck, it is a bit much for me and I would like to remove it if possible. As a fun addition, it is also sprayed all over the front and back GMC emblems. Would like it removed from there as well if possible. 

Can anyone please point me in the direction of how to remove the covering or who can successfully remove it for me?

Many thanks!

Matt Dowdey

Edited by Matthew Dowdey
  • Like 1

Hey welcome to the forum!  Do you have any pics of the work they did?  I've thought about doing the same to my truck, ha but would be interested in how we might could help with suggestions for removal.

My apologies, I totally should have posted pics. I should also add that it appears that it is coming loose on the back bumper but firmly attached/sprayed on on the front bumper. It also looks like it is peeling off the emblems but I will need more than my fingernail to get that all off. 

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Matt

DA4F731A-934E-43A0-90AB-048CD62DE3F1.jpeg

8E1281C4-8DDB-4084-A64F-CC0280B9616F.jpeg

2A626055-E459-4F4E-9CDA-84E876A657FB.jpeg

55ECD8AE-F77C-4FE6-906B-577F96976733.jpeg

The bumpers look like the same stuff as spray in bed liner, if it’s already coming off you might be able to peel it. As far as the emblems, if they are plasti-dip you can spray it off with a pressure washer. It kinda looks like it from the peeling at the bottom. If it’s paint it will be more difficult. Maybe a paint stripper (not sure if that’s a thing)? I have an extra emblem I could sell you if it goes south and they get ruined.

• Like 1