So you want to put a LT4 supercharger on your L83/L86

SlowGMC

So close! Just wait till you mash it the first time. I thought I was a pretty stoic and laid back guy, it just took one boosted launch to prove that I am in fact a giggly ****** lol.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, lovelessjl said:

So close! Just wait till you mash it the first time. I thought I was a pretty stoic and laid back guy, it just took one boosted launch to prove that I am in fact a giggly ****** lol.

Haha that's awesome. I just ordered the last round of parts. I'm getting VERY excited now. Was waiting on funds to come through which they have finally. So now the parts I'm waiting on  are the Zo6 heat exchanger with custom mounts from ADM performance and the idler pulley bracket from ICT Billet.

Edited by SlowGMC

Z06 heat exchanger and mounts are in from ADM! The heat exchanger mounts right behind the grill with the provided mounts. Also received the ICT billet ilder pulleys/bracket.

I will install the heat exchanger this weekend and install the IC pump and coolant hoses. Im going to just install everything without providing any power to the pump. Im trying to install all the parts step by step so when it comes time I just install the blower and go! 

Edited by SlowGMC

Last round of parts have came in. Gathering parts is finally done. Ict billet tall adapter plates, ADM intercooler truck hose kit and adm supercharger belt. Belt is really long! 98 inches total i believe.

20200717_132945.jpg

• Like 1

I hope to get some work done this weekend! I will install heat exchanger and IC pump and run all the coolant lines. Im going  to wait on mounting the supercharger until I have help that sucker is heavy and can easily bend or crush fuel lines and such.

6 hours ago, lovelessjl said:

Thats probably a smart move. Second set of hands to at least get it set on there.

I got some extra help so I am hoping to install everything before the weekends up! We are in a major heat wave and is my only concern. Once the suns at its peak I will quit for the day. Since I've planned ahead and installed alot of the parts already I don't forsee it taking to long! Man am I getting excited and worried all at the same time lol.

Made progress but wasn't able to finish due to a unforeseen issue no one had ever made me aware of. A metal sleeve on the bottom of the sc had to be grinded down to allow the sc to sit flush on ict adapters. The metal sleeve is ehere the red arrow is pointing.

20200719_204701.jpg

Edited by SlowGMC

On 7/22/2020 at 6:23 PM, SlowGMC said:

Its alive! Trying to get tune dialed in now! Man does it get hot under the engine bay now!

20200722_142937.jpg

Wow that came out looking awesome! I'm working on install this same setup on a 2015. Did you have to change to the LT4 Valley plate under the blower with the tall ICT adapters or did it work with the stock valley cover?