So you want to put a LT4 supercharger on your L83/L86

SlowGMC

21 minutes ago, BLUEAKSSS said:

Wow that came out looking awesome! I'm working on install this same setup on a 2015. Did you have to change to the LT4 Valley plate under the blower with the tall ICT adapters or did it work with the stock valley cover? 

Stock valley cover works fines.

Small update.  My wb sensor has stopped working on me so I had to buy a new one to continue tuning.  I also made a new custom intake that looks pretty good in the engine bay and installed some crankcase breather filters. Engine bay looks good now. 

20200725_201715.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 11:50 PM, lovelessjl said:

Looks awesome, can't wait to hear what you think after you get the tuning wrapped up.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Made 483hp/488tq on the dyno on 91 octane not to shabby. Need to upgrade my cooling and intank fuel pump next to be able to run e85.

You should be fine with the intank pump for now, im running e85 on 7psi with no drop in low side pressure. Waiting to install my wideband and boost controller before I turn it up any farther.

But to be honest, ive got a low side pump upgrade on my to do list also.

10 hours ago, lovelessjl said:

You should be fine with the intank pump for now, im running e85 on 7psi with no drop in low side pressure. Waiting to install my wideband and boost controller before I turn it up any farther.

But to be honest, ive got a low side pump upgrade on my to do list also.

My tuner told me I couldn't run e85 because low side wouldn't keep up.  Im only pushing 7psi as well. I would really like to run e85. Let's say i do what do i need to watch for? I'm very scared I'll lose pressure and blow up the truck. 

Edited by SlowGMC

If you have an mpvi2 you can run your own data logs and keep an eye on stuff with the hp tuners scanner.

If you wanted to start trying ethanol, just start with 5 gallons with a full tank of 93 then data log it and watch the low side pressure. If the pressure holds, add another 5 gal and repeat until you have a full tank of e85.

If the logs show good pressure, you're good, if it drops at any point, then go back to straight 93. Otherwise enjoy the extra power and crappy mileage with the e85 lol.

I'd run a wideband sensor too just to be safe if your tuner hasn't touched the ethanol tables.

4 hours ago, lovelessjl said:

If you have an mpvi2 you can run your own data logs and keep an eye on stuff with the hp tuners scanner.

If you wanted to start trying ethanol, just start with 5 gallons with a full tank of 93 then data log it and watch the low side pressure. If the pressure holds, add another 5 gal and repeat until you have a full tank of e85.

If the logs show good pressure, you're good, if it drops at any point, then go back to straight 93. Otherwise enjoy the extra power and crappy mileage with the e85 lol.

I'd run a wideband sensor too just to be safe if your tuner hasn't touched the ethanol tables.

Sounds like a good plan! I have wideband and the newest hp tuner pro software.  So I'll see what the truck does.  Is there a PID for the low side? I have rail pressure logged and commanded rail pressure. I think that's it though. 

You know, im not 100% sure if there is a pid for the low side. I remember my tuner showing me the fuel pressure holding steady, and I thought he said low side, but i had a touch of dyno fever so I could be mistaken lol.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:41 AM, lovelessjl said:

You know, im not 100% sure if there is a pid for the low side. I remember my tuner showing me the fuel pressure holding steady, and I thought he said low side, but i had a touch of dyno fever so I could be mistaken lol.

I found the PID. It is just"fuel pressure" I did some logging with some mild boost and it was anywhere from 40psi to 60 psi.

I haven't gone WOT with e85 yet because I'm waiting on my my upgraded heat exchanger to come in. My IATs are 150-160 at WOT which is way to hot and it's pulling timing. Im hoping the heat exchanger will fix the issue. If not I'm going to upgrade the reservoir next give it more capacity. 

I went with speed engineering heat exchanger. Great price and should fit with some slight trimming of the grill.

https://www.speed-engineering.com/shop-by-vehicle/2014-18-c7-corvette/cooling/c7-corvette-heat-exchanger-2014-19-large-capacity.html

Edited by SlowGMC

Dang, yeah you definitely gotta get a grip on those Temps. You ever considered an interchiller? Uses your ac system to cool the coolant in a air/water system.

I need to spend some time with my laptop and get my scanner set up right. I've been a little lazy with all this heat lately

12 hours ago, Fong vang said:

Thank you for all the info really appreciated it and alot of help.. how much u spent on everything if u don't mind me asking thank you

Alot more than I ever intended lol! 5-6 grand is a good ball park estimate. 

9 hours ago, lovelessjl said:

Dang, yeah you definitely gotta get a grip on those Temps. You ever considered an interchiller? Uses your ac system to cool the coolant in a air/water system.

I need to spend some time with my laptop and get my scanner set up right. I've been a little lazy with all this heat lately

If the heat exchanger and bigger reservoir tank don't work, I guess methanol injection would be my next thought on it.  Haven't heard of a interchiller? Sounds expensive and labor intensive! Especially dealing with frion.

I just got my scanner set up the way I like it.  With all the PIDs, gauges  and charts I like to Monitor. I actually bought my scanner layout from goatroap garage online for 5.00$ and then just tailored the list for what I want/ need to log. 

Im still learning on hp tuners and using it to dial in part throttle fueling with MAF and VVE tables. I barely learned how to filter data! I was trying to tune my maf and everytime i released the gas pedal ide go super lean and my numbers would be way off. I filtered all the numbers out that included no throttle or decel throttle and got way better results tuning. 

Edited by SlowGMC

Check out this website, I'm halfway thinking about switching over to a air/water intercooler setup just so I can do this...imagine having iat's in the 50 degree range in the middle of summer.

https://fiinterchillers.com/

There are so many adjustable parameters available on these trucks that I'm almost afraid to edit anything myself. Not only vve, spark, and all that, but you've got the pita torque management crap too. Im glad I have a good tuner near me, so he can do the heavy lifting, then show me what I can adjust to make little tweaks and such for track days.

Got the new heat exchanger on. Haven't got to test it because my pump is air locked. I have been trying all day to get it to work to no avail. I have to drive around and let the coolant sink and fill it up and do it all over again until the coolant stops going down. Shouldn't take more than a day or two. Its not perfectly centered but close enough

20200811_185018.jpg

• Like 1