Air bag sensor bypass

steven hinshaw

I have an 04 Tahoe... silly me not understanding the differences between model years and yukon or tahoe when it comes down to swapping seats. Ugh.

Then it dawned on me that I can bypass the sensors and hopefully trick the computer to keeping the airbags active.

Question is... what are the resistance values I need to properly perform this bypass on both my front seats?

Any helpful links or specific products would be much appreciated... I love this truck just new to all the DIY.

Thanks!!!

Ya this isn't a great idea. Did you have the ignition turned on at any point while the seats were disconnected? If so, it's likely a erroneous fault because of that. Do a few drive cycles and the airbag light will likely go out as long as it wasn't illuminated prior to your seat swap.

• 2 years later...
On 6/9/2020 at 8:05 AM, carkhz316 said:

Ya this isn't a great idea. Did you have the ignition turned on at any point while the seats were disconnected? If so, it's likely an erroneous fault because of that. Do a few drive cycles and the airbag light will likely go out as long as it wasn't illuminated prior to your seat swap.

M trying to do the same with my truck I now have different seats that are nothing like the silverados original. Does anyone know how we can bypass it so it works. 2005 silverado 

68BEFAD2-6AAF-4281-A5E5-2A203B506B33.jpeg

9809DEE2-F7B7-4067-92BD-00BF87F35DE0.jpeg