Drivers Side Auto Up

My window on the drivers side will go all the way to the top and then drop about 1 inch. I'd like to correct this if possible. Does anyone know the procedure on how to correct this?

1 hour ago, FLTRXS said:

I had this happen

Ran window all the way down and held the button for 3 seconds

Then ran all the way up and held for 3 seconds

Cured mine, not sure how or why but hasn't happened since

Gonna give this a try. Hopefully this will get it back to correct.

8 hours ago, Eddie 70 said:

Gonna give this a try. Hopefully this will get it back to correct.

You can also remove the negative battery cable for 3 minutes. This will require a window relearn procedure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carnau said:

You can also remove the negative battery cable for 3 minutes. This will require a window relearn procedure.

I tried the all the way down holding the button and all the way up holding the button to no avail. I may have to try removing the negative cable. Thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, carnau said:

I wonder just how that works. I have disconnected my battery a few times to work on the addition of a second battery under the hood as well as upgrading the alternator to a 370A alt, if I leave the window in the full up position and pull the battery, as soon as I reconnect the battery after a few minutes it will demand I put the drivers window down and then back up upon the first time turning the ignition on. The last time I disconnected the battery for over 4 hours and had placed both front windows down just incase I had problems and couldn't reconnect the battery so I could get in and when I finally connected the batteries back up it never needed a recalibration.

I would recommend trying to force the window all the way up, disconnect your battery for 3 or more minutes and reconnect it. When you turn your key on (no need to start the engine if you don't want to) you should receive a prompt on the instrument cluster asking you to put the window down and then back up. Once you do that the message will disappear on it's own and you should have a calibrated window motor.

Have you checked and tried to clean the window jamb to ensure it isn't getting difficult for it to push the window up? Anything like window vents installed that could be causing a bit of binding?

• Like 1

The capacitors in the modules fully deplete  after being left loose for over 3 minutes. Once the battery is reconnected and the vehicle is initialized, the module sees the capacitors are discharged and initiates the relearn procedure. 

• Like 1