Ol' Blue just turned 1 year(s) old

One year in, only 5,400 miles driven in that time, much of that due to the COVID19 shut downs and been blessed to be able to telework these past four months.  Mine is a 2019 Trail Boss, Custom, 5.3L V8

- did the first oil change at 500 miles, second oil change at 5,400.  MOBIL1

- been running on lots of e85 Ethanol 50-50 mix with 93 pump gasoline

- 2 simple mods (JET Stage II Performance Module on the ECM and Husky Liners on the Rear Wheel wells)

- only one issue has been a couple times where the Infotainment screen went black.  I read something online that if you push the On-Star button, let it ring and then hang up, it will "Reset" the infotainment.  Did this a couple months ago and haven't had problem since, fingers crossed.

- 2 Speed Transfer Case (4HI & 4LOW) is a real GEM to have, got me out of some real deep mud once. 

- Very pleased overall, solid truck, excellent fuel mileage with the AFM, sometimes can yield 22+MPG highway

- design is very forward, modern, interior tons of space and comfortable

- highly recommend to anyone thinking about buying one

a! ole blue 2019.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ice_nyne said:

Nice! And good looking, too.

Why the 2 oils changes so soon? Is that a peace of mind thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peace of mind for sure.

New Honda CRV for wife. 3 oil changes 3 K + miles.

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice_nyne said:

Nice! And good looking, too.

Why the 2 oils changes so soon? Is that a peace of mind thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was completely optional and just based on something I read.  That included that your first couple hundred miles should try as much as possible to vary the speed and driving conditions, to include doing some short bursts WOT here and there.  The idea behind this is to fully seat the piston rings from the earliest opportunity.  I realize some will say that's nonsense in a modern engine, but I did it and so step 2 was to drain the oil early at 500 to remove any microscopic metal.  The 2nd oil change at 5400 was only b/c it had been just shy of a year from the first change.   The e85 is another topic lots of folks will argue, but the jist of it is, tons more HP, and longer engine life (using e85, the engine runs at much cooler temps in combustion.)  I've been doing it for a year, no hiccups.  I miss the old days when we could run full e85 "Flex Fuel" equipped trucks.   The 50-50 mix results in about an E40 and the truck does fine with it.  

• Like 1