Looking to get some more power

Just looking to get more power out of my 2019 custom 1500. It’s a v6 4.3 echotech3. I already put a intake anything else I can do to see real difference?
All you can really do is minimize air density loss going into the engine, then maximize flow coming out of the engine.

The way to maximize air density coming into the engine is get cool outside air to the throttle plate with as little heat gain as possible. Hopefully your "cold air" intake isn't an open element otherwise you've actually hurt horsepower.

As far as getting air out you'll want as little back pressure as possible. The exhaust needs to be able to flow easily out of the cylinder.

After that your gains are going to be based on internals. Heads, Cam, compression increase.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Power mods are getting harder to do as the Feds have mandated that manufacturers block access to PCM’s. Without the ability to make changes to the PCM, the benefit of mechanical changes are negligible. 

Realistically, freeing up intake and exhaust is about the best you can do. If you do headers, intake, and free flowing muffler, you might gain about 20 hp or so.

• Like 2

Power mods are getting harder to do as the Feds have mandated that manufacturers block access to PCM’s. Without the ability to make changes to the PCM, the benefit of mechanical changes are negligible. 

Realistically, freeing up intake and exhaust is about the best you can do. If you do headers, intake, and free flowing muffler, you might gain about 20 hp or so.
Very true.

The biggest thing is making sure you're getting air as close as ambient temp into the throttle body.

underhood open element filters sound cool but you're actually killing horsepower.

5 hours ago, It's Tim said:

Sell it and buy a truck.

Come on man. He has a truck with a 4.3L workhorse of an engine. They are basically bullet proof motors. There is a reason GM has kept them around for so long. I wish they would have put this motor in the Colorado and Canyon. 

All you can do right now with these new trucks as others posted, is a CAI, "maybe" bigger throttle body, and exhaust.  Everything else like headers/y pipes, cams, turbos/superchargers, and custom tune are way to expensive because of FED mandates. I think I saw HP tuners has unlocked the PCM but it starts at around $2000, then you have to custom tune it on top of that. So $3000 is a good ballpark for a tune. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys you were all very helpful I do have an intake and it came with a box and foam top that is supposed to make it air tight to the hood of car so it that still a open element intake or closed 

It must draw air from the atmosphere with as little heat gain as possible.

The ideal goal is to get ambient air into the clyinders without losing density (gaining temp).

You know how you see guys with a bellmouth instead of a headlight? That's the idea but obviously need to be in the constrains of real world usage for a road car

4 hours ago, Skyboogie87 said:

Thanks guys you were all very helpful I do have an intake and it came with a box and foam top that is supposed to make it air tight to the hood of car so it that still a open element intake or closed 

You want a closed CAI.  Here is one from AFE....https://afepower.com/afe-power-50-70044r-momentum-gt-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system

Good luck. I checked S & B and they don't offer one.  I have heard good things about AFE. Black bear tested them a few years ago and they had the most HP/TQ from the intake comparison they did.