2015 Silverado 3500 (6.6L)

Just bought a used Silverado 6.6 L , don't know what fluids are in it and I really am not going to take it to a dealer so that they can hassle me to sell me this and that service and scare tactics about how I need something when I just want to change the fluids. (At least the dealer in my area is a hassle, long wait times too!).

I did some searching for an hour and was looking for some top fluids other than what the dealer or lube express/valvoline puts in and found the following.

https://www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/chevrolet-trucks-2015-silverado-3500-pickup-6.6l-8 (I like this page since tranny and filter parts are all on one page)

also like this, seems solid!

https://royalpurpledirect.com/duralec-super-15w-40/

or maybe you have a suggestion for someone who has a heavy foot and revs the engine up hard like me. Just look at my avatar! LOL

I know.  I can't stand the dealer.  I used Royal Purple and Mobil 1 for years.   It got to be too expensive doing oil changes after a while.  I use my truck for work and somebody my boss has me driving nearly 1,000 miles per week.  I don't have a diesel, so I now go 15,000 miles on an oil change using that Amsoil stuff.  For diesel, I think you can go around 2 or 3x the drain interval or something like that.  A friend of mine had an F-250 and used that stuff.  I think that's what he told me.  I can't remember since it's been so long.  He does a bunch of work on some kind of vehicle prep for used cars all over South Florida.  He drives from Homestead to West Palm every day.  I hate to see his diesel bill.  That's insane.   Anyway, coming from an RP user, I'd give that Amsoil stuff a try.  It ends up being cheaper since you can go farther.  Read the bottle when you get it.  Maybe it will tell you how far you can go (I think.  I may be wrong.)

• 2 weeks later...