Wireless CarPlay

Has anyone seen or heard if we can take the modules from a 2021 gmc Tahoe or Sierra and put in our 2020’s to get the wireless CarPlay? I just picked my new Denali up a month ago and got it back last Monday from ceramic coating absolutely love the truck but definitely need wireless CarPlay. 

C79C9802-27FB-4938-BE2B-38F09A967D02.jpeg

CCD40665-1B8D-4622-95AD-2EEDA88220DF.jpeg

58F77878-A886-4A33-84E4-AB3C737079D6.jpeg

2E1D35A3-4A27-4770-82BB-683FDD7B0676.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Well I tried the Carplay2air dongle and it works great! So far no issues hooks up automatically every time. Using the usb in the console so it’s hidden. 

That’s good to know. I emailed them and they replied that it works for the 2019 models but they weren’t sure if it worked for the 2020’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 7/31/2020 at 8:59 PM, mx_master said:

Well I tried the Carplay2air dongle and it works great! So far no issues hooks up automatically every time. Using the usb in the console so it’s hidden. 

I have a carplay2air unit that I used on my old truck with a Kenwood aftermarket head unit. It worked fine. I have tried to get it to work on my 2020 3500HD and it gets to the point where it switches from bluetooth to wifi and quickly drops the connection. I turned off the wifi hotspot in the truck but that doesn't seem to help.  Did you have to do anything special to get it to stay connected?

35 minutes ago, Njmurvin said:

I have a carplay2air unit that I used on my old truck with a Kenwood aftermarket head unit. It worked fine. I have tried to get it to work on my 2020 3500HD and it gets to the point where it switches from bluetooth to wifi and quickly drops the connection. I turned off the wifi hotspot in the truck but that doesn't seem to help.  Did you have to do anything special to get it to stay connected?

No nothing that I know of. Before plugging it in I did go into the trucks setting to forget my phone ( bluetooth) then shut the truck off then started it and plugged in the dongle and then went to Bluetooth on my phone to connect to the dongle and it worked. I didn’t update to the latest firmware as I'm worried it won’t work if I do. 

I tried connecting Android auto thru the Googe Play Services hack on Youtube. It did not connect. Looks like I'm waiting for someone to figure out how the 2021's connect and what all needs to be done. Thanks.