2016 Silverado W/T manual to FACTORY power windows mod ANYONE KNOW HOW TO?

Newbie to this site, so please excuse me. I did a Google search for this topic and nothing seems to come up! I can't be the first person doing this! I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado base W/T 1500 2 door long bed pickup truck that has power door locks, manual windows and mirrors. I bought a pair of donor doors off a 2018 GMC Sierra W/T 1500 2 door long bed pickup truck that had factory power windows, locks and mirrors. My Silverado passenger door had body damage so I swapped the complete Sierra door to mine. My driver side door was okay so I completely gutted my manual stuff and installed the Sierra power window, mirror and wiring harness into my Silverado door. The power locks still work but the power windows aren't working. Is there a relay or fuse I need to install? PLEASE HELP!

When you swapped the door, did you notice if the large power and ground pins were present on the cabin side of the connector?

See pic.

103f3c8d635e6b91b6d9f64875951619.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't notice. I can check tomorrow morning. Might be hard to see the cabin side of the connector with the door in the way. I just swapped the driver door harness. Do you possibly have the pinout for the door harness? This way I could just check to see if I have power and ground to the door harness that the door panel/switch connects to.

I also swapped light gray 40/20/40 cloth manual seats from the Silverado to black 40/20/40 cloth driver power seats from the Sierra. A 30A fuse is present in the Silverado driver dash fuse in location 41 for the "Driver power seat". The large ground and power wires weren't present in my Silverado cabin wiring yellow seat connector. I was able to isolate and de-pin the large red/yellow stripe power seat wire from the driver fuse connector all the way to the cabin wiring yellow seat connector from the donor Sierra (with convenience package). I had to destroy the donor Sierra cabin wiring yellow seat connector trying to remove the two wires. Not sure how you de-pin that yellow seat connector, so I plan on leaving my Silverado yellow seat connector alone and T-tapping the power and ground directly to the seat side of the connector. The large black ground wire bolts directly to the driver floor.

Back to the power window/mirror issue. Being what I ran into with the lack of power/ground in my Silverado cabin wiring seat connector, I think it's safe to say that pin #1 and #2 will be missing from both my driver and passenger door jamb cabin wiring connectors. How do I add those needed wires? A 10A fuse is present in the Silverado driver dash fuse in location 8 for the "Driver window switch/mirror switch". A 10A fuse is present in the Silverado passenger dash fuse in location 42 for the "Right door window motor".

0725200735a.jpg

20190517_171829.jpg

20190517_171513.jpg

Edited by JamestownMike
oops

Wow! Sounds like one of my projects! :)

Depinning the seat connector on the floor requires a special tool that is inserted into the terminal slot on the face side. Each terminal has a tang that needs to be depressed. There is also a TPA (Terminal Position Assurance) lock that needs to be opened.

d26f393180122a4ca1f5c84a825678cb.jpg

As for the door jamb connector, you can use your phone to verify if pins 1 and 2 and present. Unplug the harness and take video/pics with your phone.

As for landing power here, you’ll need to source the pins, crimp and land it yourself. This main power wire is for the window motor. There is a separate power wire for the power adjust switch.

10 hours ago, pgamboa said:

When you swapped the door, did you notice if the large power and ground pins were present on the cabin side of the connector?

See pic.

103f3c8d635e6b91b6d9f64875951619.jpg

Pin #1 (battery positive) NOT there. Pin #2 (ground) there. Driver side. Didn't check passenger side but I assume it's the same deal.

10.jpg

Edited by JamestownMike

You said, " There is a separate power wire for the power adjust switch." Can you please clarify what the "power adjust switch" is? Is that for the power mirror? I'm going from base W/T manual mirrors to DL8 power mirrors. What door jamb pin provides the DL8 mirror power? I did grab the different A/C switch assembly from the center dash on the Sierra that has the heated mirror button.

20.jpg

Edited by JamestownMike

Let me check my notes for that smaller power circuit. The power adjust switch is the power that is is needed to power adjust the DL8 mirrors.

I do see the ground pin in your pic.

The smaller power wire is to supply power to mirror adjust switch below.

The panel on the left is for a manual mirror but with power windows. So in this config, the large power and ground pins would be present.

b5fa82f09e38b97ad9c5c9d1bb6c200e.jpg

I’m not sure on the behavior of adding that AC switch panel. You can add it and see what happens. Shouldn’t have an adverse effect.

My guess is the the rear window heat wire (which also ties to the mirrors) will be absent in your truck.

36 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Let me check my notes for that smaller power circuit. The power adjust switch is the power that is is needed to power adjust the DL8 mirrors.

I do see the ground pin in your pic.

The smaller power wire is to supply power to mirror adjust switch below.

The panel on the left is for a manual mirror but with power windows. So in this config, the large power and ground pins would be present.

b5fa82f09e38b97ad9c5c9d1bb6c200e.jpg

Okay, that would be great. Thank you!

I assumed the power mirror switch got it's power for pin #1 because a 10A fuse is present in the Silverado driver dash fuse in location 8 for the "Driver window switch/mirror switch".

3 minutes ago, JamestownMike said:

Okay, that would be great. Thank you!

I assumed the power mirror switch got it's power for pin #1 because a 10A fuse is present in the Silverado driver dash fuse in location 8 for the "Driver window switch/mirror switch".

Pin #40 on the large grey plug.  Here is the schematic and you can see the Fuse #8 on the Driver Left X51L Fuse Panel.

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 9.25.39 AM.png

The X500 connector in that drawing is the large grey connector.  The X505 is the door panel disconnect that drives all the buttons/switches.

All ground is tied to the large ground wire on Pin #2.

Hope this helps.