Tires sizes on Factory LT Rims

Not sure if this has really been discussed,  I've done brief searches but I know its talked about with aftermarket rims and TB / AT4 setups.

But what about the Factory Z71 LT wheel option.

Anybody do any AT or Off-Road tire setups with these?   

ALY5916U30 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Wheel Grey Machined #23376222

Maybe i'm misunderstanding your questions, but GM mounts Bridgestone AT's to those wheels from the factory.  However, the wheel is irrelevant, any type of tire can be mounted to it minus bead lock types.

Generally speaking a 20" wheel is not preferred for off-road scenarios because of the shorter sidewall.  That's why the Trail Boss models come with smaller wheels, primarily for the purpose of having more sidewall available.  However, the 20" wheel and tire setup is just as capable for 95% of the soft-road driving these trucks will ever see. 

• Like 1

The stock 20" tire on the LT/RST/Elevation is a 275/60R20 which is a 33" diameter tire; pretty good size for an OEM fitment.  

54 minutes ago, Gangly said:

Maybe i'm misunderstanding your questions, but GM mounts Bridgestone AT's to those wheels from the factory.  However, the wheel is irrelevant, any type of tire can be mounted to it minus bead lock types.

Generally speaking a 20" wheel is not preferred for off-road scenarios because of the shorter sidewall.  That's why the Trail Boss models come with smaller wheels, primarily for the purpose of having more sidewall available.  However, the 20" wheel and tire setup is just as capable for 95% of the soft-road driving these trucks will ever see. 

Maybe I did not word it properly, sorry lol.   

I know they come with Bridgestone AT's   

I meant to write a RT tire.  I just can't find anything using these rims for a more aggressive setup.    

You can go as mild or as wild as you want with this tire size.  DIscount Tire has darn near every imaginable "road worthy" tire in this size.

Nitto Ridge Grappler

Nitto Exo Grappler

BFG TA KO2

TOYO Open Country AT III

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

General Grabber ATX

Procomp AT Sport

If you wanted to go more aggressive but deal with tire drone all day, you can try out the following tires, all in 275/60/20:

Patriot RT

Federal Explora

Haida Mud Champ

MIlestar Patagonia

This tire size is near limitless for most drivers.  I'm not real sure how much more aggressive you can go before the tires become non-DOT.

Edited by Gangly
  • Like 1