Creaking rear brakes

This seems to have just started. I have a 2016 CCSB LT with just over 47000 miles. When stopping and pressing on brake pedal, I can hear a creaking that sounds like it is coming from the rear. I definitely hear it on drivers side bit not sure about passenger side. While stopped, if I push further on the brake pedal, I can also hear the creaking sound as well as when I ease up on brake. I have tried the old standby of driving in reverse and quickly stepping on brakes. I know that was the method used for rear drum brakes to make sure they were adjusted so figured it was worth a try. This made no difference and creak continues. Also I tried fully activating the parking brake several times as well and no luck. So can anyone point me in the right direction to quiet this creaking? I have seen threads where the rear leaf springs can cause creaking but I'm not sure how this could be happening if I am stopped and not moving.

I am going to be bringing it to my dealer soon anyway because it is due for oil change and I'm having another issue with passenger front door and pretty sure it needs a new lock actuator which will be taken care of under the extended warranty. I know I could change the oil myself but for the price and time savings, I just let the dealer do it. And then its documented for the extended warranty as well...

The creaking brake thing is pretty normal. Mine has done it since new and after my leaf springs were upgraded.  Same sound. 

Edited by m3n00b
  • Like 1

Well I guess I will just have to live with it then. The brakes function just fine but the noise is a bit irritating. It's also a bit embarrassing because a truck this age shouldn't be making these kind of noises. I have had it on other vehicles a time or two but they were also considerably older.