Not sure if the video is going to make it through or not but has anyone seen an issue where you're running down the road at a constant speed and the engine RPMs continually bounce between about 1000 and 1200. Once you step on the gas it will stop. Almost feels like the transmission is Shifting too early

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5f42c52891f94/20200821_090608.mp4

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

I have not but I imagine that would work as it seems to either be something to do with the cylinders going into eco mode or the shifting is occurring a little too early so it bouncing.

Picked it up after a week at the dealer yesterday and they now want to hook up a laptop and drive it around for several repros.

I thought about using the Range Technology module to disable the AFM/DFM....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure how relatable this is, but my wife's Honda Pilot does the same thing and its a known issue with similar year models.  A TSB was issued by Honda stating that the transmission fluid breaks down prematurely causing a surging effect when driving, particularly under light load.  I haven't researched the specifics on the matter since her vehicle is past its warranty period and its not a big deal to her, but its still bothersome enough to me that I was curious enough to check on it.  Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't, but good luck in your endeavors either way.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Monkey said:

Whelp, what do you know. I unplugged the range technology Auto stop-start and the RPM bouncing is gone!

I unplugged my range as well. Tachometer stopped bouncing. 

• 2 years later...
On 8/29/2020 at 10:52 AM, Monkey said:

I've been running premium since day 1. Dealer still has no clue what's going on and they've had it a week.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Monkey said:

Whelp, what do you know. I unplugged the range technology Auto stop-start and the RPM bouncing is gone!

How do you in plug this feature my 2021 chevy Silverado 1500 is doing the same thing plz help