lifter tick

hey guys, new guy here. Have a 2010 silverado crew cab 5.3, i had the lifter collapse so i ripped out the whole afm system out replaced the cam, lifters and vlom delete. everything was fine but after a few years now i have lifter tick. Oil pressure isnt low but could be better, is this why i have lifter tick? i dont want to run motor flush as service bulletins advises against it and says it damages seals and bearings and cause oil starvation. im planning to swap out the stock oil pump with the summit oil pump 121170 version of the melling 295 so it has standard volume not high volme but +10 psi so not too bad wont run the oil pan dry or low. Will this most likely fix the tick? also, is it possible to replace oil pump without dropping the oil pan will it come out by just taking the timing chain cover off would i be able to put it back on effectively if so (no leaks)

On 9/10/2020 at 6:02 AM, chicken mcnugget said:

hey guys, new guy here. Have a 2010 silverado crew cab 5.3, i had the lifter collapse so i ripped out the whole afm system out replaced the cam, lifters and vlom delete. everything was fine but after a few years now i have lifter tick. Oil pressure isnt low but could be better, is this why i have lifter tick? i dont want to run motor flush as service bulletins advises against it and says it damages seals and bearings and cause oil starvation. im planning to swap out the stock oil pump with the summit oil pump 121170 version of the melling 295 so it has standard volume not high volme but +10 psi so not too bad wont run the oil pan dry or low. Will this most likely fix the tick? also, is it possible to replace oil pump without dropping the oil pan will it come out by just taking the timing chain cover off would i be able to put it back on effectively if so (no leaks)

Is this a RWD or 4x4?