Hello All..well after owning a GTO , Corvettes, Camaro 2SS and 5 Tahoe’s I finally bought my first GMC A 15 Yukon Denali. A definite sweet ride with good looks and great flowmaster sound!  But damn it’s been a lemon with the latest expense a brand new GM 6.0 liter motor . She has 86k miles and is perfect in and out. After many repairs and over 30 days in the shop over the 5 years I’ve owned it GM has offered me a Calif Lemon Law buy back. I just received the letter explaining my options and am curious has anyone out there been through this experience ? I’m a loyal as all get out GM owner so one bad one out of so many apples isn’t that bad ..at least I tell

my wife and friends that when it’s in the shop!  Lol

Edited by Mars Denali
Spelling

Thank you very mich for the link! The letter GM sent over said I had two Options 1) I could agree to a formulated price and they buy it back 2) find a same as new YD and make a deal using the lemon law formula. They have been nothing but cordial and it’s been a positive experience . The Dealer’s service dept has been very helpful through all of the issues and I would recommend  them to anyone so hard to be upset with any of the people I’ve dealt with so far. I’ll take my Yukon to the dealer and see what GM offers me for it and the price for a new 2021. I’ll keep you posted. PS. Was curious has anyone received a lemon law letter from GM like mine and what option did you take ? Thanks 

Thanks Mandalorian! I’ve been wondering through this whole

process what happens if GM and I can’t come to an agreement for a 2021 or they come in with a low buy back offer or it’ll take months to find one equipped like mine? After all Is 

said and done mine has had a lot of work 

done to it with the main thing being the new 

motor ...so it’s not the worst thing  that I wind up keeping it ! Lol

I won a Lemon Law Settlement in Texas over a 2016
Colorado Duramax. GM did the right thing for me by doing option 1 and I choose a 3/4 ton Duramax as my choice option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/23/2020 at 10:25 AM, Mars Denali said:

Thank you very mich for the link! The letter GM sent over said I had two Options 1) I could agree to a formulated price and they buy it back 2) find a same as new YD and make a deal using the lemon law formula. They have been nothing but cordial and it’s been a positive experience . The Dealer’s service dept has been very helpful through all of the issues and I would recommend  them to anyone so hard to be upset with any of the people I’ve dealt with so far. I’ll take my Yukon to the dealer and see what GM offers me for it and the price for a new 2021. I’ll keep you posted. PS. Was curious has anyone received a lemon law letter from GM like mine and what option did you take ? Thanks 

Thanks for the info ..so In your instance it was better getting cashed out then making a deal for a new Duramax? I Assume it would be better letting the dealer know I want a new Yukon from them and applying the buyback proceeds , basically a trade, then just a buyback? Did you let them know you wanted a new one right off the bat ? Thanks ! PS maybe it doesn’t matter ?

Mine was air conditioner failure, sat in shop a total of 110 days over a two year period. Started the process with BBB and GM in early October 2018 - had a written offer mid December. GM started with the full MSRP - mileage = amount left applied to Colorado loan. Amount left from paying off the loan applied to new truck. You only get one chance to pick a vehicle so choose wisely. Once you have it picked out, dealer confirms they can get it. GM let me purchase the truck for “dealer cost” about $5K off sticker then applied the remainder money left to that loan. Finally signed and took my new truck home about a month later in Jan of 2019. I seriously signed more paperwork for a buyback than a mortgage. GM made it right for me and I’m much happier with my new truck.

If I traded in my diesel Colorado, it would have been terrible because of the repairs and the “ick” of a dealership having a lemon on their lot. No one wanted that truck. It was the best option for me, buy back was more money than the KBB on the truck at the time. I think option one is the one to go with if GM offers it. It’s a long process but worth it

GM works with you a lot easier if you tell them you want to stay with a GM product. Once you start throwing around that you want to buy a product from a different manufacturer, they seem to have lower offers (from what I’ve heard). I already knew exactly what truck I needed for the farm. So that wasn’t a problem.

• Like 1

Thank you all very  much for sharing your own experiences. Knowing how they treated the price of the new vehicle really helps if they come up with something else!

I find that discussing our “lemons” with your friends and neighbors can be a bit embarrassing especially when they own the competitors truck or SUV! Like ya ok it was made on consecutive Monday’s what can I say lol

Thanks again sure glad I joined the club!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello yes I did and was very satisfied by it all ! After many calls , tremendous patience and  writing so many emails I can’t remember them al  it happened.  One particular email I listed all of the GM’s I’ve owned (14

in all) to give them an idea of my brand loyalty ,. Heck maybe it helped I don’t know but  also received immense help from my dealers service dept showing all of the repairs and days in shop. They just took my Yukon last week and wrote me a check for $70,391.00! It had $88k miles but in excellent condition in and out. So kudos to GM and their customer support team I was blown away!  Now what the heck do I buy a 2021?

That is great news and very happy for you. I had to Lemon Law an early build 2015 in Florida and went into a later build 2015 with no problems. GM "no" customer service was of no help and the district rep wanted to give me $2000.00 towards a new vehicle and I had to take a trade-in offer for many thousand dollars less than what I paid. In the end I got full MSRP for my Tahoe plus GM accessories that I had purchased with a small penalty for mileage. I got the new vehicle at Dealer cost. Took a couple of months and I had to go to a hearing and present my case. Good documentation is very important.

Yes T I agree I’ve always kept all of my receipts in an accordion file just in case. Lesson learned is make friends at the service dept and use them for most repairs. Old saying you get more bees with honey then vinegar.

Also don’t be intimidated by like you said no customer service dept. If not happy with the first person go to another. I never mentioned an attorney but would have if needed. I was told that it cost GM $250k to Litigate each case when attorneys brought in which I believe after getting letters from firms specializing in that.

Also takes Xtreme patience but at the same time persistence haha that first gal at GM was sick of my voice mails and emails. But I’m retired and bored so that helped the cause! 
I hope anyone in that positron stay strong and remember the hard earned money you spent on a vehicle that was just a bad one it happens to all manufactures . Take care and happy holidays!