Looking to buy a 2016-2017 Acadia help

which generation are you looking for? 2017 has the limited (old gen similar to 2016 body style and larger) or the new current gen (just got a facelift and updated front and rear end and new shifter for 2020). 

I have a current gen 2017 acadia denali awd as my daily driver, bought new, definitely smaller than previous generation (wife had a previous gen Enclave, which we traded for a current gen Enclave - 2018), otherwise no major issues.  I am at 92k miles (mostly highway miles).   The current generation enclave/traverse has more 3rd row and trunk space and gets similar gas mileage. So unless you just love the Acadia current generation, I would lean towards those models for interior size.  I like the Enclave alot, but went with the Acadia because I did not want 2 exactly same vehicles in the garage (yes we have a silverado and sierra but not exactly same!).  

The current generation gets better gas mileage.  IF looking at previous generation, then the acadia/enclave/traverse are all the same size, so get what you like. we did not have major issues with our 2013 enclave.

I will most likely switch out my current acadia with the new yukon next year once the kinks have been sorted through. 

Edited by peterlawl84

I helped my mom track down a 2017 Acadia Denali with 27k miles (that trim had the options she wanted NAV, Tan leather, bench rears seats) back in late February and it's been very good for her so far (although obviously not driving much this year).   It's a very good all around size (not too big, not too small) and after driving it for several hours at a time I find it very comfortable, with very good performance and handling.   There are not many rattles or annoyances mostly and the drivetrain seems solid with plenty of power.  I'm not a huge fan of the 20"s on the Denali trim (mostly for tire selection reasons) and they seem very curb prone but they definitely add to the "Car like" handling for the vehicle.  

Things to watch out for:  

1. the rattle prone and horribly designed double sunroof rollers are awful and I'd like to fire them into the Sun. 
  2. accessing the poorly positioned USB ports in the center console is ridiculous. 
  3. there are 2 keys and 2 saved profile buttons on the door but only ONE exit profile used for both of them - meaning if you are big and the default exit profile is for a small person, you have to get out of the car quickly or press the on the door again to get out, lol.
  4. Visibility is not great out of the rear quarter.
Edited by KeyserSoze