Andersen 5th wheel

I do.  On my 2500HD gasser regular bed.  11,000 lbs 5er.  I have the coupler set up to move the trailer forward.  This helps the ride a bit.  I can still do 90 deg turns.  Sure is nice to have a 35 lbs hitch I can hang on the wall when I don't need it.  

• Haha 1

I'll snap some pics later today.  My 2500HD 6.0 gas does fine with 11k.  It likes to spend time at 4,000 rpm and gets about 7.2 mpg.  The 6.0 is bullet proof so I think it will hold up fine.  What truck do you have?  My 2500 has 2,738 lbs payload and with the 5er hooked up and loaded for camping, I am at 9,500 lbs on the truck.  900 below RAWR so not too concerned.  But a 14k 5er would overload my truck.

I put in a Curt hide a ball gooseneck hitch.  Fairly easy to install and works great.  The B&W is a good option as well.  I also run Firestone airbags with the remote.  I run about 35 psi in them when towing.  I also put drop shackles on my rear leafs to level the truck when not pulling.  If I didn't have the drop shackles, the truck would squat to level with the 5er.  So that's why I added airbags.

Ha...late to party on this one since you already have it.

Love the Andersen. Seriously considering a Reese Goosebox though - then there's nothing to do with truck except turn the ball over.

I assume they installed B&W turnover on your truck (unless already equipped)?

On 11/2/2020 at 12:34 PM, cmysstailights said:

I have a 15 high country 6.0. Payload is 2700. Did air bags, vitesse throttle controller, black bear tune and k&n cold air kit. Towing my trqvel trailer i would get 6.5 on dic running e85 with a golf cart in the bed. dea42987fd28716052ea5c693d0fc8e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nice. Seen this a handful of times. I've seen a few that simply remove tailgate so they don't have to strap it (tailgate) up.

• Like 1

Love the Andersen. Seriously considering a Reese Goosebox though - then there's nothing to do with truck except turn the ball over.

I installed it. Did first pull home 300 miles. No issues