Newbie 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Carbonpro

WickTed

Hello,

New first time owner of GMC Sierra 1500 Ultra Denali Carbonpro.  Looking for suggestions for Hard tri-fold tonneau cover. Also, need good instructions for installation and preferably a detailed step by step video.  The truck will be towed behind our motorhome, so the tonneau is pretty important to keep road grime, gravel and weather out.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, Morgan.  Most of the dealers I have talked to have not installed tonneau covers on the Carbon Pro box.  Some have said they would need to drill into the carbon fiber, and that is something I don't want to do.  I have been talking to Weather Tech about their alloy tri-fold tonneau.  They have a j-clip system to secure the side rails to the Carbon Pro box on my Sierra 1500 Denali.  I am now waiting to receive it and will try to post some pics when it is on.  

I apologize. I just skimmed over where you said Carbon Box Pro. It will be awesome to see some pics. I’m getting a cap put on mine cuz I go hunting a lot, but I have to wait til January 2021. Anyways, have a good night

• 3 weeks later...

OK, got the Weather Tech Alloy Tonneau cover.  My wife and I installed it in approx. 3 hours.  We are both 70 years young, and although a bit rough on the knees and back, we had little trouble.  The "drill guide" provided by WT as a bit difficult to maneuver into the correct hole, as there are the square holes in the carbon fiber next to the round holes that need drilling through the plastic cap.  Once we figured out how to get the guide in the right place, the process became easier.  The "U" clips went in through the existing square holes with a little extra effort from a flat head screwdriver to line up with the round holes.  The side rails went on pretty easily, but the bolt heads were to close to allow my sockets to fit.  I had to use the open end 10mm, which added to the time required.  Installing the  cover was a breeze (I did that by myself under my wife's careful observation.)  

Tonneau cover.jpg

tonneau side rail bracket.jpg

tonneau side rail.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WickTed said:

OK, got the Weather Tech Alloy Tonneau cover.  My wife and I installed it in approx. 3 hours.  We are both 70 years young, and although a bit rough on the knees and back, we had little trouble.  The "drill guide" provided by WT as a bit difficult to maneuver into the correct hole, as there are the square holes in the carbon fiber next to the round holes that need drilling through the plastic cap.  Once we figured out how to get the guide in the right place, the process became easier.  The "U" clips went in through the existing square holes with a little extra effort from a flat head screwdriver to line up with the round holes.  The side rails went on pretty easily, but the bolt heads were to close to allow my sockets to fit.  I had to use the open end 10mm, which added to the time required.  Installing the  cover was a breeze (I did that by myself under my wife's careful observation.)  

Tonneau cover.jpg

tonneau side rail bracket.jpg

tonneau side rail.jpg

Looks great, congratulations on your new truck and bed cover!