Black Friday Tonneau Deals?

On 11/25/2020 at 12:19 PM, Phatty said:

And within seconds of posting, Retrax announces 15% off sitewide.

On the retrax site with 15% and taxes it came to 1,275.38

I went to https://tonneaucovered.com/ and called them.  $1169 free shipping, no tax. Placed my order.  Retrax One XR, 6'7" standard bed.

The standard embark poly from GMC with the 25% off and tax would have been $1035.  Feel like I did pretty well. since the xr is usually $100 over the standard poly I would have only saved $34 had I been able to get it through GMC.  

Good luck and happy shopping guys!

Hey Phatty,  any idea how much space that Retrax One XR will take up in the front if the truck?  How far out and how far down will that cannister sit once recoiled?  Can you slide anything underneath it at the front of the truck when recoiled all the way?  I was thinking of keeping my Tri-Fold and then using a Weatherproof back of the truck cargo bag when I had to run with the Tri-Fold open.  It might allow for more bed space utilization that way

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XBNDD24/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=AM98IKVB3H9J8&psc=1

Edited by beauso79

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 8:50 PM, Justin Vaughn said:

Is

Ideally I wouldn't either, but it would be easy to add a couple strap points on the rail and strap across/etc without incurring the $500 expense of getting crossbars, basket, etc setup and having to deal with storage when not in use. I have a THULE rooftop bag that would be perfect to toss on top and strap to the rails.  A bit unrefined, I know...lol.

@phatty  - if you're ever interested in a KNOLLY, let me know, I can get you hooked up!PXL_20201119_211812427.thumb.jpg.5294a6172ebcf7e7148be61feb543551.jpg

I dont know much about the knolly! Looks like a 170/160mm alum frame enduro?

Finally got the cover from fedex today.  Making appointment for local shop to put it on.  Quoted me $150 for installation.  Sounds better than 2 hours of my time at 20 degrees outside (no heated shop for me).
Ill post up some pics once I have it on.

On 11/29/2020 at 8:37 AM, beauso79 said:

Hey Phatty,  any idea how much space that Retrax One XR will take up in the front if the truck?  How far out and how far down will that cannister sit once recoiled?  Can you slide anything underneath it at the front of the truck when recoiled all the way?  I was thinking of keeping my Tri-Fold and then using a Weatherproof back of the truck cargo bag when I had to run with the Tri-Fold open.  It might allow for more bed space utilization that way

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XBNDD24/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=AM98IKVB3H9J8&psc=1

It looks like you can slide things underneath it all the way to the front of the bed up to 10"-12" high or so.  I just got it delivered yesterday, havent installed it yet.  It does stick out from the front of the bed to the tailgate about 8-10" and then down around a 8-10" as well.  Ill get some good measurements once installed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phatty said:

I dont know much about the knolly! Looks like a 170/160mm alum frame enduro?

Finally got the cover from fedex today.  Making appointment for local shop to put it on.  Quoted me $150 for installation.  Sounds better than 2 hours of my time at 20 degrees outside (no heated shop for me).
Ill post up some pics once I have it on.

Yeah, they don't get quite enough coverage IMO!  This is the Fugitive LT - 135mm rear, 150mm front...but they did just drop a 29er with 150-170 travel if you dig the big hits - I have one on order!