2020 2500 transmission slipping

My 2020 2500 has under 5k on it and the transmission started slipping while shifting on small inclines at low speeds. It happened all the sudden and was so bad that I had to pull over to allow cars to pass until I could pull into a parking lot and call my dealer. They told me to bring it in. I limped my way to the dealer 5 miles and had one of the service reps drive it  to verify that what I said was happening was actually happening.  When it slipped was during a gear shift and if you didn’t pay attention to it the rpm would peg out. I had to let off the gas allow the fine to idle down and ease on the pedal again. Anyone have any similar experiences?  Waiting on words from the dealer

The dealer ended up ordering a transmission and replaced it with approval from GM. I have my truck back as of yesterday  and it moves better than when i turned it in so that’s is a good thing. I will let everyone know if things go bad again thanks for the interest

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My 21 Sierra SRW is in the shop for something similar. Put it into reverse to back into my driveway(slight hill) and it revved to over 4000 rpms and barely moved in reverse. Moved it through all the gears and let it sit and it did it again.  We'll see what the shop says. There was no noise, clunking, or smells.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They ended up having my truck over 5 weeks. They took the transmission out a second time and replaced more 4-5-6-R clutch parts. Not sure exactly what they replaced yet, waiting for all of the paperwork to be sent over. That's fixed it so far.