Tow Mirror Cap Covers

Not a question really, just wanted to post something I did. So I recently swapped out my DL8 mirrors for tow mirrors because I will be buying a toyhauler in the near future. Thanks to pgamboa I was able to get them wired up and working. But IMHO, the chrome covers on them were a bit obnoxious. I do like chrome but in moderation. (I already have Chrome wheels, grille, bumpers, and running boards.) I decided to change out the chrome cap covers to a textured black finish. I found a set for both mirrors for a reasonable price. The top large covers were a bit difficult but I got them done. I did notice a little broken off black plastic piece after doing the passenger side mirror but the top cover seems to be on there tight and not sure where it came from. The bottom ones are really giving me a hard time so I havent changed them yet. But looking at the mirrors with just a bit of chrome on the bottom, it actually doesnt look too bad and I might just leave them like this. It seems to blend in nicely with the little bit of various chrome parts already on the truck...

20201202_130111.jpg

• Like 1