S&B Cold Air - IN! (Quick Question)

Been a few months of patiently waiting but it's finally in.  Shipping tonight or tomorrow morning.

Heard one guy say to leave the front piece closed because snow can get in there?  Any truth there?

Capture.thumb.PNG.f090868412e04858ede6195a63b1e88a.PNG

I have not had any issues with my S&B CAI. I kept it just like the image. I never even realized there was a plug there when I installed mine. I’ll check when I get home. Don’t have truck with me right now. 

23 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I have not had any issues with my S&B CAI. I kept it just like the image. I never even realized there was a plug there when I installed mine. I’ll check when I get home. Don’t have truck with me right now. 

This right here is plugged (can be opened).  She suggested leaving it closed for hotter and/or dusty areas.  One other Q, did you do this before an exhaust?  Didn't notice it at first, but appears they added a silencer of sorts in front of the marked area.  Was kinda hoping for a bit more throttle growl

InkedCapture.thumb.PNG.f090868412e04858ede6195a63b1e88a_LI.jpg.4e3f6fff4e1e0600cd47c881e849724e.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

This right here is plugged (can be opened).  She suggested leaving it closed for hotter and/or dusty areas.  One other Q, did you do this before an exhaust?  Didn't notice it at first, but appears they added a silencer of sorts in front of the marked area.  Was kinda hoping for a bit more throttle growl

InkedCapture.thumb.PNG.f090868412e04858ede6195a63b1e88a_LI.jpg.4e3f6fff4e1e0600cd47c881e849724e.jpg

I see where it’s at, but I believe I left mine alone. Will check for you when I get home. I installed it after I had my Corsa exhaust on, because it was on back order for over 2 months. It has a deep growl to it and I can hear it sucking in air when I step on it. 

1 hour ago, Rob Mugs said:

I stand corrected. I do not have the plug in it. I have about 5k miles on it so far and filter looks good. I live in Iowa and we have had 2 snowfalls already.  One was over 6 inches so a lot of $h!t in the road. No issues. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I stand corrected. I do not have the plug in it. I have about 5k miles on it so far and filter looks good. I live in Iowa and we have had 2 snowfalls already.  One was over 6 inches so a lot of $h!t in the road. No issues. 

Nice, thank you for the insight on the sound and leaving that open.  Now, if I can get her to come install mine

• Haha 1

Just to help out---I too finally received mine last week after waiting 3 months and installed it this past Sunday. I did put the plug in mine as recommended but of course I don't have snow issues here in central Texas. I was worried about engine noise as others had mentioned in other forums but I did not notice anything different. I do however have a Flowmaster FlowFX kit installed which drowns out a lot of noise but still had no noticeable difference. Motor seems to be a tad more responsive and pulls a little harder. Hadn't drove it enough to notice MPG change yet, we'll see!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ed/2020RST said:

Just to help out---I too finally received mine last week after waiting 3 months and installed it this past Sunday. I did put the plug in mine as recommended but of course I don't have snow issues here in central Texas. I was worried about engine noise as others had mentioned in other forums but I did not notice anything different. I do however have a Flowmaster FlowFX kit installed which drowns out a lot of noise but still had no noticeable difference. Motor seems to be a tad more responsive and pulls a little harder. Hadn't drove it enough to notice MPG change yet, we'll see!

Checked that out and yeah, bet the exhaust is playing a big part in not hearing it.  Mine is boneeee stock at the moment.