Alignment problems

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

2003 Chevy Tahoe LS 4 wheel drive. I've had this Tahoe aligned twice at two different shops and both say everything is good under it but for some reason it's still pulls to the right. I think they are something else going on other than the alignment. It has new upper and lower ball joints and new inner and outer tie rod ends. The wheels have been rotated and all the correct air pressure is in all four tires. I don't think the alignment is the problem. I believe it is something else but I cannot figure it out. Has anyone ever experienced anything because it has me so confused right now with two shops saying it is perfect on their machines ? Any help would be a much appreciated. 

Thank you,

Greg Hunter

Check the wheel bearings and cv joints (if it has cv joints)--a drag on one side could make it feel like it's pulling in that direction.  Also, you might look up the correct factory alignment settings online and make sure that is what your service places are using and you might look in on your alignment services to make sure it is actually being performed.  Last one I paid $85 at a tire dealer and found out later from someone I trust that they didn't do anything.  Normally I watch, but the tire dealer purposely has their service bay walled off and garage door windows covered up.  Now I know why.  Keep in mind that the factory alignment settings contain a range.  A vehicle can be within range and still wander excessively or pull due to road crown.  How do you rotate your tires?  Rears to front and fronts crossing over to rear is the GM preferred method.  Some service places like just doing front to back rotations (if they do them--again, we have caught places not rotating them before) because that is a just a hair quicker and easier for their techs.  If you have a tire or tire(s) with radial tire pull and you just switch them front to back (so they are still on the same side), they will still pull in the same direction.  A road force balancing machine used correctly can diagnose a tire or tire(s) with radial tire pull due to internal belt problems. 

Edited by MaverickZ71

On 12/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, MaverickZ71 said:

Check the wheel bearings and cv joints (if it has cv joints)--a drag on one side could make it feel like it's pulling in that direction.  Also, you might look up the correct factory alignment settings online and make sure that is what your service places are using and you might look in on your alignment services to make sure it is actually being performed.  Last one I paid $85 at a tire dealer and found out later from someone I trust that they didn't do anything.  Normally I watch, but the tire dealer purposely has their service bay walled off and garage door windows covered up.  Now I know why.  Keep in mind that the factory alignment settings contain a range.  A vehicle can be within range and still wander excessively or pull due to road crown.  How do you rotate your tires?  Rears to front and fronts crossing over to rear is the GM preferred method.  Some service places like just doing front to back rotations (if they do them--again, we have caught places not rotating them before) because that is a just a hair quicker and easier for their techs.  If you have a tire or tire(s) with radial tire pull and you just switch them front to back (so they are still on the same side), they will still pull in the same direction.  A road force balancing machine used correctly can diagnose a tire or tire(s) with radial tire pull due to internal belt problems. 

Thanks for all the information. Definitely check on everything that you mention. 

Thanks again,

Greg