2015 + torsion bar delete?

46 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

why bother,  your killing the resale value and if you drive on the street its hardly worth the effort. 

Ride quality that's why. Not concerned about resale value and the truck rides like a pulp wood truck on these roads around here before and after the RC 3.5". Pulling my track machine or boat and hit an Alabama pothole you better be holding on or you're going through the windshield. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 4:28 PM, Woz said:

https://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=723FDSC

Take a look at this offering from BDS. I don’t think it would kill the resale value. Close to 5 large. There are links to reviews. I know the 1500 are coil over and ride very nice. 

I saw that. Im looking for more of just a bracket kit without having to fab it myself. Something similar to what atomic fab offers for the older body styles. I already have a-arms/lift so really only need the upper and lower brackets. If I get time this coming up winter I may tear it down, make templates then have the parts plasma cut. 

I checked atomic fab out. They only do the 1500 to 06. I wouldn’t think just adding a bracket would be beneficial for 2500, due to weight and plods. Also alignment issues would likely come into play. If it were me I would go with a tried and true system. Especially if the reason for trading out torsion bar is because the ride is rough. That says you are running on pretty rough terrain. 

Wonder what wheel size and psi you are running. Also seats can make the ride better. I don’t find my ride bad on 195/60r20 tires inflated to 60psi, 3” RC lift, under stock Denali seats. I like it better then stock. 

On 1/8/2021 at 12:12 PM, Woz said:

Wonder what wheel size and psi you are running. Also seats can make the ride better. I don’t find my ride bad on 195/60r20 tires inflated to 60psi, 3” RC lift, under stock Denali seats. I like it better then stock. 

22x12 American Force with 35x12.50x22 Toyo's. Truck is a denali. Maybe you have better roads?? My buddies high country with same lift I have and factory 20s with 35'' nittos rides the same way. You put a trailer with a load behind them its almost scary at times. I'll mess with it this winter more then likely. I dont have the time to tear it down right now thats why I was hoping there was a kit available. 

https://www.dieselplace.com/threads/torsion-bar-delete-coilover.925802/

https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/ditched-torsion-bars-coilovers-hd-504605/