Throttle body upgrade?

8 hours ago, flyingfool said:

so... 84% is 100% wot?  i'm guessing whats left on the gauge is reserved to either TM, IDLE, or TC

no it should show it on the log if its actually %100. This is one of my logs with a gm l86 tb on stock l83 computer. Dont know what exactly my tuner did to achieve this but it does show it can be done and this is at 500+ rwhp 

592CC034-F783-4A44-AA1A-154DB57C7DC6.jpeg

Edited by Boosted16
  • Like 1

Ok so im back to square one, I had one dealership where I was at when my truck threw a bunch of engine codes tell me throttle body was causing some issues along with a possible failing oil pump. They of course cleared the Check engine light. I decided I was not going to leave my truck 3 hours from where I live to get service (This dealer has had a lot of negative complaints). I brought it home and now the dealership local to me is saying that without any engine codes they cannot just use the information that the other dealerships diagnosis to repair it. So kind of set back to the beginning.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Will update this post if anything else comes up today while they are working on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i got the truck back from the dealership. they ended up replacing the Oil pump, as it was faulty. No other parts were replaced. I thought I was going to have to get a new throttle body however the other dealership that told me that I needed that was wrong!! Thank you for all the posts and info!

20190205_062515.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 7:34 AM, Boosted16 said:

The biggest they have is a 95mm which is equivalent to the LT5 throttle body. I assume you wouldnt buy an 87mm because thats what comes on the l86. 

Soler performance 95mm=$335

Gm ac delco 95mm=$195 

Is it plug and play?