Throttle body upgrade?

I got told my throttle body in my 2017 is failing and throwing codes. Has anyone upgraded throttle body on a stock truck? Any good options out there to fix it and maybe get alittle more "juice" out of their truck?

Anything helps thanks!!

11 hours ago, rae185 said:

I got told my throttle body in my 2017 is failing and throwing codes. Has anyone upgraded throttle body on a stock truck? Any good options out there to fix it and maybe get alittle more "juice" out of their truck?

Anything helps thanks!!

If youve got an L83 you could upgrade to the l86 tb and im i did this before putting my turbo on and saw noticeable performance especially im bottom end and throttle response but if youve already got an L86 youre only other gm option is the LT5 tb which requires an adapter plate to be installed. If youve still got the l83 intake manifold i doubt youll see any major improvements in performance until you upgrade to at least the l86 im. Any of these will require an adjustment to your tune too btw. 

31 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

I got a Soler Performance TB on my L86 and I thought it added a nice improvement from stock. 

The biggest they have is a 95mm which is equivalent to the LT5 throttle body. I assume you wouldnt buy an 87mm because thats what comes on the l86. 

Soler performance 95mm=$335

Gm ac delco 95mm=$195 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

I got a Soler Performance TB on my L86 and I thought it added a nice improvement from stock. 

The biggest they have is a 95mm which is equivalent to the LT5 throttle body. I assume you wouldnt buy an 87mm because thats what comes on the l86. 

Gm ac delco 95mm=$195 

3 hours ago, Boosted16 said:

Gm ac delco 95mm=$195 

I did this one:

SE8223-040, 87 MM (91 MM EFF.) - $275 now, I think I got a discount/sale price. Don't recall. 

20 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

I did this one:

SE8223-040, 87 MM (91 MM EFF.) - $275 now, I think I got a discount/sale price. Don't recall. 

For that price he could just get the lt5 tb tho thats what id recommend it would be a gain of 3/8” from stock as opposed to 3/16” with the 91

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Boosted16 said:

For that price he could just get the lt5 tb tho thats what id recommend it would be a gain of 3/8” from stock as opposed to 3/16” with the 91

$195 for a LT5 TB + $70 for the adapter plate to fit a L86 intake? Yeah, that saves some money, I guess.

Assuming he is starting with the L86 intake, or upgrading to one, at least. 

I'll have to add headers and CAI on mine first (coming) before getting my brain wrapped on 95mm vs 91mm.

17 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

$195 for a LT5 TB + $70 for the adapter plate to fit a L86 intake? Yeah, that saves some money, I guess.

Assuming he is starting with the L86 intake, or upgrading to one, at least. 

I'll have to add headers and CAI on mine first (coming) before getting my brain wrapped on 95mm vs 91mm.

without a doubt too close to make a big fuss over i would literally go with whichever is cheaper honestly. If hes putting it on an l83 either one would provide noticable improvement 

14 hours ago, flyingfool said:

bigger is better, since the factory tb programming wont open them past 80-84% at WOT unless you got the 6.2 software or 6.2 equipt truck.

I think this is only true if you're making more power than the factory driver demand tables can accommodate. For example, if I'm making 100 HP more than stock thanks to a blower, the higher pedal position rows will become a limiting factor. 

That's all TQ MGMT is these days. Log TQ MGMT advance and it will tell you more about what's going on. (ignore TMA - tq mgmt advance - during shifts as that's there to make the shift smoother and faster. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, flyingfool said:

I'll look into that. but at stock power my last log showed 84% tb opening

For whatever reason there's a half dozen different PIDs related to pedal position and throttle position. I seem to remember reading about one of them that always displays 84%. 

15 minutes ago, lucas287 said:

For whatever reason there's a half dozen different PIDs related to pedal position and throttle position. I seem to remember reading about one of them that always displays 84%. 

Found it: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?74485-Actual-Throttle-Position-vs-Throttle-Pedal-Position