Cold weather diesel remote start

Audioi

Temps here (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) were -20C (-4 F) and truck started right away without being plugged in.  I let it warm.ip for may 5 minutes before driving as I was in a bit of a hurry today.  The frost on the windshield was already melting in that time.  Steering wheel was warm, seats were cool but heated up quick.  Within about 2 miles the cab was decently warm.  It seems to warm up faster than my 2012 Sierra that I was driving before this one.

The 3.0 is equiped with: Active Thermal Management

The Active Thermal Management (ATM) system on the 3.0L diesel engine distributes coolant through the engine in a targeted manner, sending heat where it’s needed to warm up the engine and reduce friction. It also promotes quicker heating of the passenger compartment and enhanced engine cooling during high power operation. The system uses a conventional engine-driven coolant pump while the ECM controls the ATM system using feedback from various coolant temperature sensors.

The engine coolant flow control valve assembly that is part of the ATM system uses two chambers to control coolant flow. (Fig. 4) The first chamber controls the coolant flow rate across the radiator and bypass. The second chamber controls the flow to the transmission and engine oil cooler as needed, providing heated coolant from the EGR/turbocharger return circuit or cold coolant directly from the pump outlet.