Bluetooth question

I have 2015 gmc Sierra and just got a new Samsung S21. The phone works great with it but does anyone know how I can get the microphone to come up? With my old phone,I could hold my steering wheel button down and it would prompt a mic on the dic. Is there something I need to do in my settings on this phone to make it work? I thought I could hold button down and be able to send a text by speaking. But don't seem to work. Any help would be great. 

8 hours ago, GrumpyAeroGuy said:

Settings--> apps&notification--> notification--> apps-->google

Insure notifications are turned "on"

Check that first....

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I can receive texts messages and it will read them. I want to be able then to reply by holding down steering wheel button to send a reply.

11 hours ago, 15 Z71 said:

I can receive texts messages and it will read them. I want to be able then to reply by holding down steering wheel button to send a reply.

Have you tried the old standard, unpair phone from truck, forget device (truck) on phone, then repair both?

2 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Have you tried the old standard, unpair phone from truck, forget device (truck) on phone, then repair both?

I think I figured it out. It's on an app called smart things. And it's called Bixby. It seems to work with the Bluetooth to send voice text messages. I can now hold down steering wheel voice button and it brings up my microphone in the dic and I just say a command.

• Like 1