Work Truck Center Console Install with floor shift

I just finished replacing the jump seat with a center console in my 2016 WT with floor shift 4wd.  I also installed a leather wrapped steering wheel to replace the factory WT wheel. I reused the WT trim on the steering wheel to keep the factory WT look. I also wrapped the wood trim on the center console with matte black vinyl so that it matched as well. Both the wheel and the center console lid are grey/white stitching with black leather.  I think it all blends in really well.

I decided to trim the stock 4x4 cover because I didn't like the holes in the flooring and wanted them covered up. If i ever replace the floor I will take that trim piece out as well.  I used an oscillating multi tool to cut the spot for the floor shift to come through.  The stock shift knob is way to big to fit, grabbed a thin one off Amazon and drilled the opening to fit the shaft size. 

The only thing I have to finish is getting the front USB ports to work, or I'm going to fill the holes in the front panel with epoxy and vinyl wrap it. 

Ignore the mess, it is a work truck and it is the middle of winter in WI. Too cold to clean it out.

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

15 hours ago, Chris Stierman said:

I just finished replacing the jump seat with a center console in my 2016 WT with floor shift 4wd.  I also installed a leather wrapped steering wheel to replace the factory WT wheel. I reused the WT trim on the steering wheel to keep the factory WT look. I also wrapped the wood trim on the center console with matte black vinyl so that it matched as well. Both the wheel and the center console lid are grey/white stitching with black leather.  I think it all blends in really well.

I decided to trim the stock 4x4 cover because I didn't like the holes in the flooring and wanted them covered up. If i ever replace the floor I will take that trim piece out as well.  I used an oscillating multi tool to cut the spot for the floor shift to come through.  The stock shift knob is way to big to fit, grabbed a thin one off Amazon and drilled the opening to fit the shaft size. 

The only thing I have to finish is getting the front USB ports to work, or I'm going to fill the holes in the front panel with epoxy and vinyl wrap it. 

Ignore the mess, it is a work truck and it is the middle of winter in WI. Too cold to clean it out.

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

I’d like to do this mod. 

where is everyone buying the center consoles from?

If you want new you can order from GM. Otherwise @pgamboa sells them along with a harness to hook it up as well.

Mine was used and I picked it up from Craigslist from a guy parting out a wrecked truck.  I actually bought two, the first one I found was Brown/Cocoa and I used that until I found a grey/black one.  I'm selling the brown one on Facebook Marketplace. 

3 hours ago, pgamboa said:

My supplier got a few black consoles in, but I have a fairly large wait list of folks that I’m reaching out to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much do they cost ?

• 1 month later...

Gave up on trying to get the USB ports to work in the center console.  I filled the holes with a piece of ABS plastic cut to fit and then used JBWeld Plastic adhesive to glue it in and fill the gaps to make it smooth.  Finished up by wrapping it with the same vinyl I used on the side trim of the center console.  

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

Edited by Chris Stierman