Adding keyless entry 2006 2500 Silverado

I’ve got a project that I’m helping a customer of mine figure out. He has a very low mile 2006 regular cab 2500. Truck has power door locks but no power windows. He’s fine with manual windows but is really wanting keyless entry. Has anyone ever done this?

We’ve put the BCM into remote learn mode and the horn beeped telling me the BCM recognizes the function. I understand that the passenger side door switch is where the fob receiver is located with oem keyless entry. My problem is that I’ve never seen a truck with keyless entry and manual windows, therefore I don’t know if just a door lock switch exists. I’ve got some door panels and parts so I can add power windows if need be.

If you’ve done this I’d love to hear how you did it. Also if you know of a regular cab, manual window truck with keyless entry, send me a VIN. I’d guess it’d have to be between 04 and 07 classic.

Going aftermarket is not an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I helped a guy with a '05 2500HD SLE regular cab do this. I think the only purpose for these in a truck with no remote is that they lock when you put the truck into drive. Unlock when you put in park as a safety feature.

As I recall, we ended up putting a BCM from a SLE "king cab" ( no rear power windows) in his truck. The truck in the Junk yard had power windows and locks. We never plugged in the windows.

The windows we never upgraded and left alone.

Used remote model # LHJ011

good luck !

The passenger door module (PDM) aka the passenger window switch is the receiver to the keyless entry system.  The PDM gets the signal from the remote, the PDM sends the signal to the BCM and then the BCM sends signals to the door locks to lock/unlock.  

Programming a remote to the truck is done through the functions of the PDM, not the BCM.  

You'd need to get the PDM involved somehow otherwise you have no receiver.  BCM is just the input/output device for the data from the PDM.  I would be looking at the passenger door harness junction, specifically the body side of that plug for terminals in the harness for the passenger window switch.  If they are there, then perhaps a passenger door wiring harness from a truck with windows and keyless entry and then a passenger window switch and matching door panel?  Harness would be needed assuming there is no switches to plug in the window switch to on the existing harness.  

Here is a thread from 2005 on this:  Can I add GM keyless entry? - 1999-2013 Silverado & Sierra 1500 - GM-Trucks.com (gm-trucks.com)

• Like 1

The passenger door module (PDM) aka the passenger window switch is the receiver to the keyless entry system.  The PDM gets the signal from the remote, the PDM sends the signal to the BCM and then the BCM sends signals to the door locks to lock/unlock.  

Programming a remote to the truck is done through the functions of the PDM, not the BCM.  

You'd need to get the PDM involved somehow otherwise you have no receiver.  BCM is just the input/output device for the data from the PDM.  I would be looking at the passenger door harness junction, specifically the body side of that plug for terminals in the harness for the passenger window switch.  If they are there, then perhaps a passenger door wiring harness from a truck with windows and keyless entry and then a passenger window switch and matching door panel?  Harness would be needed assuming there is no switches to plug in the window switch to on the existing harness.  

Here is a thread from 2005 on this:  Can I add GM keyless entry? - 1999-2013 Silverado & Sierra 1500 - GM-Trucks.com (gm-trucks.com)

Thanks for the info. That link looks to be bad

On 3/2/2021 at 7:23 AM, wade_660 said:

I’ve got a project that I’m helping a customer of mine figure out. He has a very low mile 2006 regular cab 2500. Truck has power door locks but no power windows. He’s fine with manual windows but is really wanting keyless entry. Has anyone ever done this?

We’ve put the BCM into remote learn mode and the horn beeped telling me the BCM recognizes the function. I understand that the passenger side door switch is where the fob receiver is located with oem keyless entry. My problem is that I’ve never seen a truck with keyless entry and manual windows, therefore I don’t know if just a door lock switch exists. I’ve got some door panels and parts so I can add power windows if need be.

If you’ve done this I’d love to hear how you did it. Also if you know of a regular cab, manual window truck with keyless entry, send me a VIN. I’d guess it’d have to be between 04 and 07 classic.

Going aftermarket is not an option

Send him to a local car audio store, they can install an aftermarket remote start, or door locks or alarm which may have all three.  One key fob does it all.