2021 LT trail boss Infotainment sound issue

I just bought my 2021 LT trail boss about a week ago and on day 2 I noticed that after I adjusted the bass, treble and mid fade under “sound” while on the music screen, it would reset to 0 across all three options after I would turn the truck off and get back in the next time. Here and there it keeps my settings but almost every time it resets and I have to go back in and adjust the sound levels... the dealer said they have never heard of this but will check it out. Has this happen to anyone else??? It’s a small problem but it’s getting really annoying. Also I don’t have the Bose sound system, it’s the standard 8” screen infotainment 3 unit with the standard speakers .

Edited by Colin Zibell

19 hours ago, Colin Zibell said:

I just bought my 2021 LT trail boss about a week ago and on day 2 I noticed that after I adjusted the bass, treble and mid fade under “sound” while on the music screen, it would reset to 0 across all three options after I would turn the truck off and get back in the next time. Here and there it keeps my settings but almost every time it resets and I have to go back in and adjust the sound levels... the dealer said they have never heard of this but will check it out. Has this happen to anyone else??? It’s a small problem but it’s getting really annoying. Also I don’t have the Bose sound system, it’s the standard 8” screen infotainment 3 unit with the standard speakers .

Does the radio stay on the same station when you restart the truck? Or just the sound settings revert? 

10 minutes ago, kmeleon said:

Does the radio stay on the same station when you restart the truck? Or just the sound settings revert? 

The radio station stays where I left it. But it’s just the sound settings that reset everytime.

9 minutes ago, Colin Zibell said:

The radio station stays where I left it. But it’s just the sound settings that reset everytime.

I see. I was going to say when I left the dealer my truck radio was still in demo mode and everything I would turn the truck off it would erase any settings and revert back to am radio. Doesn't sound like the issue though. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Good luck! 

On 3/13/2021 at 12:31 PM, Colin Zibell said:

I had that same issue on my 2019 LTZ. It stopped doing it after a couple weeks. Check to see if there are any updates. 

I have the same issue with my new, 2021 LT, also when I start the truck there is no volume, need to turn up the volume every restart. Also, I’m experiencing a reset of the volume for voice command. I was at the dealer yesterday, GM issued a tech bulletin (March 16) on this issue and was advised that GM is working on a fix for this and expect an OTA upgrade. 

• 2 weeks later...

2021 Trailboss Lt here.  Same issue! Most times when I start it up the tone settings are all reset to 0 (bass, treble, mid).  Volume is also turned all the way down.  All other radio settings are still there.  Very annoying and frustrating to have a $55k truck with a broken radio.  Took it in twice to the dealer,  both times they said its up to date and couldn't find an issue.  What do I do!!!!???

God I’m glad it’s not just me,  2021 GMC Sierra elevation and the sound system reset it seems every time the car is off for more than 6-8 hours??

love the truck hate the system,  it’s almost making me want to put a after market deck in a new truck??

Same here. 2021 Chevy custom. At first I thought it was custom per radio station for audio settings so I left it on the same station for a couple weeks and it keeps resetting sounds setting to 0’s. Super annoying.  My father has a 2014 Silverado and that radio which is completely different has always been junk. Time never stayed and always changes and the radio doesn’t come in worth crap. 

I took my 21 trail boos to the dealer this weekend and they couldn’t find the problem. My radio is ressetting almost every time I turn the truck off now and resetting while I’m driving. I want them to replace it at this point now.

Edited by Colin Zibell