2021 LT trail boss Infotainment sound issue

Mine has this issue as well.  It's annoying as hell. I always know when it has reset because the radio will be turned off when I get in the truck.  I thought it might be something related to Android Auto but I've eliminated that as it will do it even if I never have my phone connected. 

I checked and there is an infotainment update from GM that was released on 3/30/21.  It covers IOS and IOT radios, not the IOR for the Customs though.  I'm wondering if it might actually work though.  

Anyway, bulletin # is 21-NA-053: Radio Software Version V155 Update.  Only for 2021 model year according to the bulletin.

Might be worth having the dealer perform the update and see if it helps.

Edited by GearheadSS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello my radio on start up the volume is all the way turned up. It hurts my ears. Has anyone found an answer yet. Also, the screen on startup is always on setting. There is no setting to change it to stay on music. Never had this problem with my 2019 infotainment system.  This is driving me crazy.

Is there anyone with the answers?

FACTORY RESET

Browse the radio menu's to Settings > System > Return to Factory Settings

2) Select Reset Vehicle Settings

3) Wait to reset

4) Select Erase Settings and Personal Data

You will need to reset your stations etc.

I did both options listed and 

the radio has kept settings since doing this

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 8:02 AM, Lexie said:

Has there been any updates on the IOR system update for the 2021 custom trail boss??

Software update V155 is supposed to fix over 100 known infotainment issues. It is only available at the dealer and supposedly only works on 2021 models. By the way, GM wants to charge you $140 for this “fix”.  Even though it is under warranty. 

I had the same problem. Do a factory reset and shut off the truck and pull the key, open the door and wait a few seconds. Then restart the truck and power up the Infotainment head unit, redo all settings.

This fixed the issue, hasn’t reset at all since I did it and it been about a week and a half.

Hope this helps 🤘🏼

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 9:45 AM, kmeleon said:

I see. I was going to say when I left the dealer my truck radio was still in demo mode and everything I would turn the truck off it would erase any settings and revert back to am radio. Doesn't sound like the issue though. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Good luck! 

I Am having this issue. How do I get my radio out of demo mode?