Swapping denali lower grill for at4 lower grill

I have not had mine off yet, but I've been under there a few times. I've also heard that you need to remove the bumper but looking at it I don't' think that's really the case. it looks like its held on with a number of bolts, just remove them! a few of the bolts are actually blocked by the bumper, this might be the reason why the shop manual says it all has to come off. but a box wrench or gear wrench (much better) should have no problem getting on those bolts. if you leave them for last you can also move the lower grill insert forward (partially remove it from the truck) as you loosen them just in case there isn't enough clearance to get them fully out before they would hit the bumper.

I plastidipped mine to delete the chrome, but if that doesn't hold up I'll be doing the same thing you are, replacing it with a non-chrome piece. so far its doing just fine so I haven't had a reason to try pulling it off yet. it honestly doesn't look that hard. if you try it and it does come off easily, please post back here and let me know!

Yeahhhhh I ordered the black denali grill as well as the light up emblems so its at the point where im just gonna give it to my body shop guy im not comfortable pulling that middle bumper plastic it appears that you have to pull the wheel well arches and alotta the clips seem delicate i’m not gonna go junkyard yanking on a 67k truck thanks for the reply though