New truck need hitch ball for 5th wheel prep

I ended up ordering this :CURT 60692 OEM Puck System. The ball works well with my Anderson hitch but I did not need the whole kit. I cannot use the anchors as they interfere with the hitch base. There is a little up and down play in the ball but when I tighten the hitch up its all solid. The B&W ball will not work with the 2021 system.

I have both the curt/gm one and the b&w. The b&w is nicer as you don’t have to touch the ball after it gets grease on it. The b&w is too tall to work with my Andersen hitch as stated above. Unfortunately neither fit well. They are both sloppy. I feel the trailer clunk ahead when I stop and clunk back as I start moving again. My 2019 truck did the same thing. The shank of the ball is too small

On 4/9/2021 at 9:09 AM, GMC4Zee said:

I ended up ordering this :CURT 60692 OEM Puck System. The ball works well with my Anderson hitch but I did not need the whole kit. I cannot use the anchors as they interfere with the hitch base. There is a little up and down play in the ball but when I tighten the hitch up its all solid. The B&W ball will not work with the 2021 system.

I have the curt ball and can confirm it works with the Andersen Ultimate hitch.  However, I purchased the Andersen Bed Shaft and use that instead.  https://andersenhitches.com/collections/ultimate-5th-wheel/products/andersen-bed-shaft

• Thanks 1