Hello.

I'm new to this forum but I've been reading on in for a while now. There is some really good information in here. I'm hoping someone may have run into the same issue as what I'm having.

I have a new 2021 Sierra 1500 work truck with only 3000 miles on it. I've added after market parking sensors to the rear bumper and tapped into constant 12v power on the round trailer connector. I'm not sure if this is coincidental but I noticed a day later that none of my TPMS senors register and the Key Fobs only work at a very close range? Weird huh..  I've read that the TMPS and Key Fobs work together? Has anyone else experience this issue where none of the TPMS sensors register and the Key Fobs only work at a close range? I do have an appointment with the dealer next week. I've also tried to reset the TPMS sensors using the procedures in the owners manual.

Edited by mactac
misspelled word

13 minutes ago, mactac said:

Hello.

I'm new to this forum but I've been reading on in for a while now. There is some really good information in here. I'm hoping someone may have run into the same issue as what I'm having.

I have a new 2021 Sierra 1500 work truck with only 3000 miles on it. I've added after market parking sensors to the rear bumper and tapped into constant 12v power on the round trailer connector. I'm not sure if this is coincidental but I noticed a day later that none of my TPMS senors register and the Key Fobs only work at a very close range? Weird huh..  I've read that the TMPS and Key Fobs work together? Has anyone else experience this issue where none of the TPMS sensors register and the Key Fobs only work at a close range? I do have an appointment with the dealer next week. I've also tried to reset the TPMS sensors using the procedures in the owners manual.

Can you untap your 12v source and see if the issue goes away? 

Gmarsh.. Thank you, I think I just failed basic troubleshooting 101. Disconnected 12v at my tap and reset the TMPS  and everything works including the Key Fobs. I never would have expected that from a tap at the trailer plug!

Do you know a good place to get 12v at or near the rear bumper?

Edited by mactac
misspelled word

Looking at the instructions from an kit from EchoMaster, they say to tap into the reverse lamps 12v signal so it will power on only in reverse.  

Aftermarket Rear Parking Sensor Kit (echomaster.com)

You have to be careful on these new trucks as interferences like you ran into are real easy to occur.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

I'm using a tadibrothers aftermarket kit that allows sensing for both the front and rear sensors. It has triggers for reverse and breaking, it states you need constant 12v for the controller so the triggers decide which sensors are being use. This is why I tapped on the 12v trailer connector.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I agree and believe the wireless brain is like you said " is on a frequency close to that of the truck wireless" I rerouted power directly to the battery and I have the same results. I'll be calling tadibrothers tomorrow.