In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, I've tried looking everyone and can't get a definite anwser. 

Just bought a 2000 GMC 3500 dually with the 6.5 diesal,

full 4 door cab, 8ft box.

It needs a bunch of body work. 

I found parts truck, but I'm not sure if it will work

It's a 2000 gmc 1500, 2dr regular cab, 8ft box, single wheel.

Can I use the box and front doors from it on my 3500? 

(with putting my current dually flares to the box) 

Not as concerned but also curious if the front fenders, front and rear bumpers and interior (seats etc) will work? 

Thanks a tonn guys. 

Edited by A big dually

Your truck is still a GMT-400 where as the parts truck you found is a GMT-800. They are not the same and will not have the same body lines. The cab, fenders won't match up.

You need to find a GMT-400 parts truck for things to swap straight over when it comes to those specific body parts.

The bed might swap over if the bolt holes line up but we are dealing with two very different frames.

I agree with CAMGTP, two totally different trucks you have thier. The 6.5 deisel was last produced for GM vehicles I believe in 2001 when they swapped over to Duramax. 

Try looking up the Old Military vehicle sales online only The hummers use that engine anymore, but I know you can find your truck running or not for cheap.. They use alot of dually and crew cabs..