Fitting full 35s on a TrailBoss

So after reading countless posts about if they do or don't and the mixed bag that came out of all of it I decided to just go for it. 

Here's the jist of what I did:

-Zone off-road front level with control arms https://zoneoffroad.com/products/175-in-leveling-kit-2019-2021-chevy-silverado-trail-boss-gmc-sierra-at4?variant=39431680295000

-Method MR305 NV 18X9 -12 OS 

- Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50x18

Zone kit comes with separate plates for 1-3/8" or 1-3/4" lift. Zone suggests 1-3/8 for TrailBoss and 1-3/4 for AT4.

*MINE IS SET TO 1-3/8

Front side - Heat gun and pry bar or block of wood will be needed for the front of the wheel well. Heated the plastic mounting bracket and pushed it forward about an inch, hold it in place till it cools off and holds. Then I drilled a hole in the bottom of the fender liner and zip tied it back to the front valence (last picture)

Back side (firewall side) - I removed the lower bracket (4 - 13mm bolts) that is for the mud flap and lower screw fit fender liner. Zip tie thru bottom screw hole in the fender liner back to lower frame hole (pick a hole any hole) and pull it back as far as possible pics 2 and 3. 

Simple mods took less than an hour to accomplish all of it. Full 35x12.50x18

Any questions or other pics you want let me know.

20210602_141834.jpg

20210602_140626.jpg

20210602_135917.jpg

20210602_140559.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have the exact same level and looking to do the same thing. Now what is it exactly that you are having to heat up to re position? I get the mud flaps bracket no problem. But confused about what you did up front. Also since you have done these mods have you been happy with it? Is it a good distance from upper control arm?

Overall I'm happy with the setup. 

The fender liner on the front side is what I heat up and pull towards front bumper and ultimately had to ziptie into place. The firewall side I heated a little bit it only moved back a little bit. 

I get a little bit of rub on the firewall side when I'm at absolute full lock but it's not terrible. 

I have no problems with the control arm distance.

I do have the Bilstein 6112s coming which I think will lift it another 1/4 inch over where it sits now.. so whenever that arrives🤷 I will report back. 

Edited by Flyboygt