Trailer hitch weight rating

I’m buying a 35’ RV that has a 1370lb dry tongue weight. That’s without propane, batteries, water (80gallon tank) and personal belongings. I could see tongue weight creeping up near 2000lbs. What is the stock hitch rated for?

Edited by Camstyn

My ‘21 Denali is rated for 18500 conventional trailer with 1850 max tongue weight.

Those weights sound a lot more like 5th wheel specs than a conventional travel trailer.  If you are truly pulling a 35’ 15000+ LB travel trailer then it must be a park model and I hope you aren’t planning on towing often because it won’t be fun. 

Edited by brclark82

Thanks! The dry weight of the trailer is actually slightly under 9,000lbs but the front bedroom/bathroom and mid kitchen configuration makes it very tongue heavy. It’s a Blackstone 280RLSB. It’s a 35’ trailer with 31’ interior floor space. I’ve previously owned a Blackstone 280RKSB which is identical size but had the kitchen in the rear and it was tongue heavy too but not as bad, as the rear kitchen helped to counter it a little better.

i would never select this configuration, I don’t dry tongue weights pushing 1000+ lbs unless it’s on a toyhauler but getting a great deal on a used but like new 2016 model so taking the bad with the good.

Edited by Camstyn