2015 GMC Sierra 1500 jerks or pulls when slowing down

Hey what’s up, I just got this 2015 Gmc Sierra 150” with 77k miles. The check engine light P050D Cold start Rough idle keeps coming on. I had changed spark plugs and wires and did oil change and filter and erased the code and hadn’t came on anymore. But today it came back again. Also I’m not sure if this is related to that but when I’m coming to a stop it seems as if the engine/trans jerks or pulls when shifting down before a complete stop. You can feel the hit when it jerks. And this was happening before the check engine light as well so I’m not sure if those two things are related. It’s a really clean truck and has low miles for it to be acting up and don’t know what to do at this point. Any input would be helpful. 

4 hours ago, silveradosid said:

p050d is an injector code, you need to get it scanned and find out which injector is failing . maybe more than one injector. once you fix that problem it might cure the other problem

Awesome thanks man, I’ll try to get it scanned asap. Am I able to get away with buying injectors from somewhere online? Or do they have to be from the dealer?

On 12/6/2021 at 6:07 AM, silveradosid said:

6 hours ago, shakenfake said:

Definitely would recommend OEM injectors. Aftermarket tends to be junk unless you shell out the big bucks

Sounds good! Well I tried ordering some OEM ones from online but I called two different dealerships and they gave me two different part numbers. One is 12701381 and the other 12710481 and I only found these two oem injectors so I don’t know which ones would be the ones to work. 

0AE48DB1-C5F3-49A9-938A-CB8EF18F2232.png

58F4CFBC-FFCF-46B5-A848-EEE140B1FB27.png

Check GMPartsDirect or RockAuto to figure out the proper P/N. 

Buying from Amazon can sometimes screw you. I suggest buying from the dealer if you know someone, buying from GMPartsDirect, or Genuine GM from RockAuto

Hey shakenfake, how about for the jerking part? What do you think could be wrong. Today I drove a little farther down the highway and back home and the transmission fluid temps were from 190-198 the whole time. It’d still jerk coming to a complete stop as it geared down. Also when I was parking in reverse at my house, when I switched from Drive to Reverse, it sounded pretty loud making that switch.

I couldn't tell you. That isn't bad although maybe a little warm since it is heading towards winter now. Normally it will get hot when it is stop and go not just going down the highway. I am unfamiliar with the newer truck's transmissions.

You used to be able to get the injectors pressure tested to see if they held pressure but I don't know on a direct injection. I don't see why not though lol I suggest get a scan tool that can or take it to a shop to ask which injector is heading out.

Also you could use a noid light to make sure that the wiring harness hasn't just gone bad

• Like 1