2015 Silverado "Service 4wd" message after full Suspension Lift

Hello all I have an issue that I hope we can solve together!  I have a 2015 Silverado Z71 that was in perfect working order and 55K miles.  I had a 7in suspension lift professionally installed and everything seemed fine.  Truck was not throwing and warnings or service lights when I picked it up.  After about a week the Service 4wd light came on at start-up.  I then tried to engage the 4wd and it will not engage 4wd.  The selector light is lit on 2wd and simply goes off when you move it to any other position.  There is no noise or anything as if it is simply not getting power.  I use the 4wd quite often during deer season in Texas so I am 100% confident it was working a few days before the lift install.  I took it back to the 4wd shop and they ran checks and confirmed everything was hooked up correctly.  It was not showing any codes on their scan tool as apparently they don't have the high dollar one required to see Service Warning codes.  They checked fuses and even got on the phone with Rough Country to no avail.  They have now ordered me a new actuator harness from GM as a starting point.  I have tried disconnecting the battery for an hour and checked a couple grounds that I could locate.  My only thought is the lift has possibly stretched the harness cable and popped a wire somewhere.  Anyone else seen this issue in the past?  Anything I can try that may be a simple fix?  Thanks so much for your time. 

4 hours ago, Aveman411 said:

https://www.morris4x4center.com/downloads/dl/file/id/7533/product/109081/rc_17431.pdf

Here is a link to the install guide.  Thanks for your time!

Imo your doing all the right things, and the shop is looking after you which is good. If it was my truck I would crawl under there and put some eye's on the wiring/connection's for the transfer case etc. Just to see for myself nothing was cut or damaged. 

There should be zero issues with your wiring if they made the appropriate disconnections before doing any work. In other words, they did something wrong.

Edited by M1ck3y

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up on the repair.  I was finally forced to take the truck to my dealer.  They are very short handed these days and requested 2-10 days for the repair.  It took all of 10 days before they were able to access and take a look.  Short version is they were able to flash the transfer case module with updated software.  This fixed everything immediately and Service 4WD light was removed.  I have had the truck a couple of weeks and have utilized the 4WD a few times with no issues.   $165.00 out the door.  Cheapest visit to a GM Dealer I have ever experienced!