Smoking abs module/pump

Well I'm stumped. I have a 2006 GMC 3500 Duramax. It started out  having the  intermittent ABS light. It's a work truck so it doesn't get driven that much. Only saw the light once or twice. I took the flatbed off and installed a dump bed. When she was bare back I power washed the frame, axle, and such. A day or so after the power wash, and the installation of the dumper(they happened the same day) I noticed a burning plastic smell coming from the truck. The truck was not in use just sitting in the shop. Couldn't even tell it was coming from the truck yet. Next day I was working on her some more and that's when I noticed white thick smoke coming from the ABS module/pump. I instantly unplugged the Batts, then unplugged the module/pump.  So there ya have it, if I plug the mudule/pump back in instant thick stinky white smoke. This happened a good year ago. Checked the rear of the wiring harness where I was power washing. But other than that don't even know where to start? Could a bad whell speed sensor be  the culprit? Thanks for help in advance.