Intellihaul 2.0 Trailering Camera System

Looks like I found my own answer. Those that have this system likely know you can access a menu to turn on your cameras while driving by holding the "Back" button on the radio.  Once you get there there are two additional menus. One is the button on the top right of the screen and then once in that menu the second is through performing a long hold on the lock at the bottom right of the screen. It allows a few different options such as making the side cameras function even if you don't have a trailer connected.

It's all explained much better than I can in the installation guide FCTP-GM1903 User Guide found at Intellihaul 2.0 Trailering Camera for Silverado and Sierra Trucks (echomaster.com)

image.png

I'll also point out the same website I linked in the previous post has a technical bulletin related to turn signals not functioning if you have your fog lights on. There is a fix discussed on the website.

I have fog lights but don't know that I've ever actually turned them on so I can't say it's a problem for me yet.

• 7 months later...

I have a 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 custom 2.7. I have a rear camera. Was wondering if my radio is good to add a front camera? The camera says I need the intellihaul system. I don't know if I do.  Help

On 5/4/2023 at 12:13 PM, Jorge Velez said:

I have a 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 custom 2.7. I have a rear camera. Was wondering if my radio is good to add a front camera? The camera says I need the intellihaul system. I don't know if I do.  Help

IDK what the radio/bus system is like in the 1/2 tons; do all of them have the wide screen?

Assuming everything is the same from LD to HD 2023 models then yes, you need the Intellihaul module that AFAIK only is in a kit with wireless rear camera setup and side mirror cameras. You have to have IOS-code radio (which on HD is only with 8" screen; think it's IOR with smaller screen, and IOT with factory navigation). There is a QR code on the driver door opening you can scan to find out what radio you have.

Again, assuming all things equal, one can get a larger bezel, screen, and a programmed radio module. But spitballing price on self-install, that might equal the cost of the Intellihaul kit itself-and just gets worse with paid install.

I've already got the front camera and kit; I think I'll probably get it done next month at the same time I'm putting on a replacement bumper and eliminate all the grille louvers but top and bottom.

It doesn't seem hard, from watching videos. If I had to guess, what looks like the hardest part is pulling the rubber "duct" from between the door and cab/running the mirror cables through/reinstalling duct. On another vehicle, I ran wires for LED lights behind speaker grill, and the duct part was the worst.

One video I saw, the installer mentions pulling the speaker to access the camera cable and attaching to the existing door harness rather than slitting a boot in the door.