Intellihaul 2.0 Trailering Camera System

13 hours ago, First chevy said:

Yes, I had it installed on my 22,3500. It is in the shop now getting updated as the Sideview cameras aren't coming on with turn signals.

When you get the vehicle back from the shop can you take some pictures?   Also what informant system level do you have?  IOS, IOR etc? 

I have ios, they have had the truck since Monday night and are waiting on a new intellihaul 2.0 unit. The techs at echomaster(AKA amp research) think the unit is bad. I pull a 32' fifth wheel and the wireless camera works reasonably. I need to get an extension cable for the antenna to eliminate the delay. I added the front view camera to help with tight maneuvers. 

Seems like a neat setup and I like how it integrates with the radio. Sadly not something I'd be able to use since my radio is an IOR. Guess I'll have to stick with my usual method ... a wife with a two-way radio in hand. Not ideal, but she'll do.

3 hours ago, Random said:

Seems like a neat setup and I like how it integrates with the radio. Sadly not something I'd be able to use since my radio is an IOR. Guess I'll have to stick with my usual method ... a wife with a two-way radio in hand. Not ideal, but she'll do.

I am in the same boat, I am surprised they do not have have version for the IOR.

I would be be corrected, to say it was not so.

the install looks great but the way.

I learned a lot the hard way with wireless transmitters and receivers when I setup rear and Sideview cameras on my 5th wheel to my Titan xd. If I wouldn't have had this option on the chevy, I would have put in a replacement rear view mirror with full view monitor and wireless transmitter and receiver. Would have been clean and automatic always on with lights.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, PrezNotSure said:

looked into adding this to my 21 Sierra 2500HD with the IOR radio code.  My dealer said they got a hold of the Intellihaul guys and told them they don’t see why it won’t work with any trim or radio code

Any updates about this?  Which dealer is it?  My local one doesn't even care to think about it.

• 2 months later...

I have this setup on my 22 Silverado HD 2500. So far I think the turn signal mirrors are excellent but I'm not overly impressed with the trailer back up camera. It was nice going down the highway to take a peek at what's behind me when/if I needed to change lanes but when I got to my campsite and put the truck in reverse to back in the truck back up camera came on and I couldn't override it to make the trailer camera come on. Maybe it's installed incorrectly IDK. But if the trailer backup camera portion doesn't work I would not recommend purchasing again.

I'm going in this month to get the front camera added though. In for a penny in for a pound at this point right? Front camera seems useful for parking situations. 

7 hours ago, hallal999 said:

I have this setup on my 22 Silverado HD 2500. So far I think the turn signal mirrors are excellent but I'm not overly impressed with the trailer back up camera. It was nice going down the highway to take a peek at what's behind me when/if I needed to change lanes but when I got to my campsite and put the truck in reverse to back in the truck back up camera came on and I couldn't override it to make the trailer camera come on. Maybe it's installed incorrectly IDK. But if the trailer backup camera portion doesn't work I would not recommend purchasing again.

I'm going in this month to get the front camera added though. In for a penny in for a pound at this point right? Front camera seems useful for parking situations. 

Do you have an IOR radio setup?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 9:34 PM, First chevy said:

Yes, I had it installed on my 22,3500. It is in the shop now getting updated as the Sideview cameras aren't coming on with turn signals.

I read this and just want to make sure that you know the side cameras only come on when you are hooked up to a trailer. I am sure your shop has info on this. I wish it worked all the time towing or not.

For those asking I have the IOS radio. The truck itself is a 2022 Chevy 2500 LT (All Star Package) Duramax.

Also worth pointing out is GMC4Zee mentioned that the side mirrors only work while hooked to a trailer but that is not true in my case. My side mirrors function all the time and the front camera attempts to function all the time as well. Currently I don't have the front camera so it is a black screen only.